Typing: What is Your WPM?

Xarcell

So I'm wanting to increase my typing speed. Currently I don't do that properly. I have to look at what I'm typing, and I hit about 85% of the keys with my right hand. I average about 40 WPM with 87% accuracy.

At typingweb.com I'm trying to teach myself to type properly, so I can type faster and get my work done faster. Right now I'm at 14 WPM and 94% accuracy.

I hear some folks type over 100 WPM. That blows my mind. Anyone here type faster than that?

type.webp

I generally type around 45 wpm not looking.
Looking, it's around 55 - 60 wpm.

When I was working for a mortgage company years ago, my average was around 80 wpm. :(

Apparently 44 words per minute with maybe about ten mistakes. I tend to write faster when I am thinking about what I WANT to say rather than copying from another novel or something similar.

It actually varies with the text you are typing, as you probably already know. Text containing familiar words gets typed much quicker and with more accuracy than text with lots of upper and lower forms, numbers or special characters.

On average, I'm usually 80-85 WPM with 95%+ accuracy. Though, I tried the link give above [http://play.typeracer.com/], and managed up to 104 WPM. :eek:

Good luck! :)

Top Bottom