Two Pre Sales Questions

Hi All!!

My very first post here - please be gentle

After a little research I've narrowed my search for forum software down to XenForo or v-bulletin - my gut feeling is XenForo (loads of thumbs up for XF and lots of thumbs down for VB)

1) my forum will be a rather niche subject and i'm expecting ultimately to have <5000 users with <100 concurrent users (well less than 100 conc users, imho) I'm going for a mid range VPS - 3gb of dedicated ram, 6gb burst. Would that be suitable for Xenforo?

2) as the the forum will be the 'sister' site to my Wordpress based site (hosted on the same server) is it possible to integrate XenForo and Wordpress for user management / logins etc? Does integration need to be on the same domain? My wordpress site has a different domain name to the forum site

Apologies if this is a complete noobie question type post

Thanks!
Karl

All I did was install Wordpres in the root directory and Xenforo in the /forum directory. I don't see why you can't do that as well. Granted, I just want WP for SEO mostly. My forum has only been open for on month so I can't say for sure if this is working all that great for me. But I CAN say, I'll never go back to vB again after having used xenforo this last month! I don't personally own the other sites I admin that are vB, but I'm tempted to approach the owners an tell em to wake up and make make the switch!

All I did was install Wordpres in the root directory and Xenforo in the /forum directory. I don't see why you can't do that as well. Granted, I just want WP for SEO mostly. My forum has only been open for on month so I can't say for sure if this is working all that great for me. But I CAN say, I'll never go back to vB again after having used xenforo this last month! I don't personally own the other sites I admin that are vB, but I'm tempted to approach the owners an tell em to wake up and make make the switch!

Hi ErnieW, thats not what i want... my forum and WP site will have different domain names. I would ideally like cross domain authentication. It is possible using various SSO methods but unsure about XenForo :(

Top Bottom