XF 2.1 Two Issues in the ACP

l3ta

Got a couple of issues in the ACP. First, This message:

Dx7Izq8.png

I went ahead and tried to continue running them, but the process appears to be frozen, because nothing happens. All I get is this :

ZRY5jaN.png

4NxttJ4.png

On top of that, I'm not able to see or edit my styles, because whenever I click on a particular template, say PAGE CONTAINER, it won't display it:

lSSPFQJ.png

That^is all I see. Weird. Not sure wut is going on.

This would seem to indicate that your JS files haven't been uploaded properly or they're out of date. If you're using a CDN, that may indicate that it's serving stale files -- you want it to be configured so that it automatically pulls the latest files and does not ignore query strings (as we use that to force a new version).

If you're not using a CDN, try re-uploading the files in the package. You may then need to do a hard refresh in your browser.

This would seem to indicate that your JS files haven't been uploaded properly or they're out of date. If you're using a CDN, that may indicate that it's serving stale files -- you want it to be configured so that it automatically pulls the latest files and does not ignore query strings (as we use that to force a new version).

If you're not using a CDN, try re-uploading the files in the package. You may then need to do a hard refresh in your browser.
OK, Mike. Did everything you suggested: flushed the CDN, checked the settings, re-uploaded the JS files to the server, took the site off the CDN (just in case), did a hard refresh on my browser, and ran another health check:

6NJGlIZ.png

Still no joy. Wut else can I do? :)

Try to use different browser, so same cache can be avoided.
if you still get the same error (which means same JS file is served), then Cloudflare has not cleared the cache properly, or, you upload the wrong file. :)
I'm no longer using the CDN. Tried with other browsers, too. Don't know about uploading the wrong file, tho. All files seem to be in the right place and in working order. I would think if there were some missing or outdated files, this issue would have occurred the day I upgraded to the stable version :unsure:

Looking at your site, I see this error reported:
Refused to execute script from '<URL>' because its MIME type ('application/js') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.
Your webserver is serving your JS files with this MIME type. The standard MIME is application/javascript (or text/javascript). You would need to make web server use the correct MIME for these. I've never seen application/js used, so I'd have to guess this is a customization somewhere.

Note that if you browse the front end of your site, the JS isn't working there either -- you can test by trying to click the arrow for one of the navigation drop downs.

Looking at your site, I see this error reported:

Your webserver is serving your JS files with this MIME type. The standard MIME is application/javascript (or text/javascript). You would need to make web server use the correct MIME for these. I've never seen application/js used, so I'd have to guess this is a customization somewhere.

Note that if you browse the front end of your site, the JS isn't working there either -- you can test by trying to click the arrow for one of the navigation drop downs.
Issue fixed! Thank you, Mike :)

Top Bottom