Twitter Header Module [Paid] [Deleted]

Hmm my Master Style twitter_header template is now different to the one for my style. Previously I'd edited it for my style but it looks like uninstalling it didn't reset it.

What should the contents of twitter_header be?

It's because I hadn't reverted the template. Now I've reverted it I get this error again:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/sites/xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/public_html/library/RazorThemes/TwitterOnHeader/Model/Twitter.php on line 40

Weird. Try uninstalling it again, then revert the templates (that will remove them), and install it again. Finally, reapply your custom edits and let me know how that goes. By the way, my version on my demo board had custom edits and after upgrading, I reverted then reapplied custom edits and never experienced any errors like you've gotten. Not sure if it may be a server environment issue or what. Hopefully I'll hear from the developer soon.

Ok, i've reverted everything, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted files, reuploaded, etc and it's finally working :)

I don't know whether it's because the JS file was being cached on the CDN or something stupid (that's my only guess at the minute) but whatever it was it looks like it's working.

My only slight niggle is that the date format on loading appears as

Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 22.09.12.webp

and then changes to "4 hours ago" after a second or so.

While it's doing that it also prevents other XF JS from loading (such as the dropdown arrow next to the forum username)

Is there any way to prevent that?

My only slight niggle is that the date format on loading appears as

View attachment 51010

This seems to be the bit in the template that's doing that:

Code:
$(document).ready(function() {
   var timestring = $('#tw .time').text().trim().slice(0,-2);
   $('#tw .time').text(timeAgo(timestring)+' - ');

var text = $('#tw .text').text();
   $('#tw .text').html(replaceLinks(text));
});

As I understand it, the first bit converts the time into a relative time and the second bit changes any links into HTML.

The only problem is that previously those bits used to be instantaneous but now they're taking a second or so.

I'm not sure why they're slower now than they were before...?

Ok so it worked for 5 minutes or so and then randomly started given that error message again. I disabled it and after a while it was fine again.

I then re-enabled it, browsed my site for a few minutes and then it crashed again.

Any idea what the issue was? Was it related to a specific php version or something else?
The developer stated the error was being triggered when the API response was not valid (e.g. invalid usernames/protected accounts errors). He coded in some additional checks to compensate for this.

Hmm neither of those apply to the account we were using.

I'm on holiday so can't test if this works for us for a few weeks. Would be good if someone else who was having problems could confirm that it was fixed.

Still having issues with the add-on disabling my website. Many error logs also:

An exception occurred: Unable to Connect to ssl://api.twitter.com:443. Error #0: in /*************************/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php on line 235

1. Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 973
  2. Zend_Http_Client->request() in Zend/Oauth/Client.php at line 227
  3. Zend_Oauth_Client->request() in RazorThemes/TwitterOnHeader/ZendService/Twitter.php at line 1246
  4. RazorThemes_TwitterOnHeader_ZendService_Twitter->get() in RazorThemes/TwitterOnHeader/ZendService/Twitter.php at line 1074
  5. RazorThemes_TwitterOnHeader_ZendService_Twitter->statusesUserTimeline() in RazorThemes/TwitterOnHeader/Model/Twitter.php at line 26
  6. RazorThemes_TwitterOnHeader_Model_Twitter->updateCache() in RazorThemes/TwitterOnHeader/Model/Twitter.php at line 54
  7. RazorThemes_TwitterOnHeader_Model_Twitter->getData() in RazorThemes/TwitterOnHeader/EventListener.php at line 25
  8. RazorThemes_TwitterOnHeader_EventListener::templateHookListener()
  9. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
  10. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 285
  11. XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code at line 2825
  12. eval() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 265
  13. XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
  14. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  15. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 135
  16. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 604
  17. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  18. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /**************/index.php at line 13

I have it working on 1.2 however changing the background, text or anything bloats it and throws it out of whack!

EDIT: Actually after playing with it a little bit I have it successfully working on 1.2 with the css updated.

While I am still attempting to get it to look like a speech bubble like posted earlier (with no luck so far) the advantage is at least this is working.

Still doesn't work for us. I just installed latest version and it showed up for a minute and then disappeared.

Top Bottom