1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Twitter error on external accounts page

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by russoroni, Mar 13, 2014.

1. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

Hello gang, I just upgraded and everything went pretty smooth as far as I can tell with one exception. When I click on external accounts in the personal details page sidebar I get this error:

Server Error
    trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. trim() in Zend/Oauth/Token.php at line 146
    3. Zend_Oauth_Token->setParam() in Zend/Oauth/Token.php at line 187
    4. Zend_Oauth_Token->setToken() in XenForo/Helper/Twitter.php at line 47
    5. XenForo_Helper_Twitter::getService() in XenForo/Helper/Twitter.php at line 72
    6. XenForo_Helper_Twitter::getUserFromToken() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 1525
    7. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionExternalAccounts() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/trailpeople/public_html/index.php at line 13

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Did you have an add-on that added Twitter support prior to 1.3?

3. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

Yeah Mike I had Social Network Authentication installed.

4. Mike

Unfortunately, that has likely created incompatible data. The add-on author may have some guidance as to how to resolve it (clearing out the old data may be the main option).

5. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

Well that doesn't sound good...

6. russoroni

russoroni Active Member

Strangely enough I can login using twitter or facebook no problem. Its only when I try to go into the external accounts page

7. Mike

I can have a look via phpMyAdmin if you want me to, to confirm that it is bad data from the add-on. If it is, the only real recommendation from my side would be removing the data (which would require reassociation).