• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tweet Topics - Auto Twitter Submit on New Thread

Much obliged, Sir. I'd been meaning to check that out, but knowing it also feeds Twitter and Facebook, I'll finally get myself together and just get a premium account.
Anytime

Just to be clear, it's twitterfeed that feeds both Twitter and Facebook. Ragtek's mod just lets you configure twitterfeed with a single feed from your forum, otherwise you'd have to set up a feed individually for every category. I'm also using http://www.ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/ragtek-twitter-sidebar-block.133/ in combination with this.
Yup I also have my /cosplay feed but they all work good :)

Does anyone else have it happen that TwitterFeed will include BBCode in the text of what's sent to Twitter? And if so, anything I can do to solve that, please?

I got this error early
file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration

Is it related to this mod?

Error added:
The following error occurred:

file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_get_contents() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 255
  3. bitly->getResult() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 143
  4. bitly->shorten() in twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php at line 67
  5. twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 342
  6. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/myforum.net/forum/index.php at line 13

I got this error early

Is it related to this mod?

It's a configuration in your server for security reasons. If you have access to your php.ini, change the following setting to On, I think that may be the problem. In a shared server you're probably out of luck.

allow_url_fopen = On

If you search Google there are some .htaccess commands people say can override this but I don't know if they work.

Just to be clear, it's twitterfeed that feeds both Twitter and Facebook. Ragtek's mod just lets you configure twitterfeed with a single feed from your forum, otherwise you'd have to set up a feed individually for every category. I'm also using http://www.ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/ragtek-twitter-sidebar-block.133/ in combination with this.

I use it with ragteks feed addon to feed facebook and twitter with twitterfeed
Yea it can very 30min 60min etc...

How did you manage to feed only the new threads? Im using the global new threads feed but all new posts are getting tweeted which pretty much brings as back to the same issue as this mod?

How did you manage to feed only the new threads? Im using the global new threads feed but all new posts are getting tweeted which pretty much brings as back to the same issue as this mod?

Have you tested and gotten it to tweet more than one post in the same topic? In my testing, other than first time topics it also tweets the first reply to an existing topic. Once it tweets for a topic it remembers the link and doesn't do it anymore.

Top Bottom