• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tweet Topics - Auto Twitter Submit on New Thread

I have looked at it, but I don't want a third party involved having to feed RSS feeds through another site. I would rather just push the thread straight to twitter when posted directly.

This still works doing what it does, but it breaks redirects. Surely there has to be an easy fix to this so that it doesn't break redirects.

I have looked at it, but I don't want a third party involved having to feed RSS feeds through another site. I would rather just push the thread straight to twitter when posted directly.

This still works doing what it does, but it breaks redirects. Surely there has to be an easy fix to this so that it doesn't break redirects.

What do you mean breaks redirects this seems to work fine for me (or am missing something)

This add-on is known to cause problems with thread redirects, as confirmed by Mike.
(Aye ive read the thread ;3 )
Where redirects? from twitter to your site? because its not that for me
What redirects are broken? Anyone care to give some more detail

Will look into the next couple weeks if I can find a way to ignore redirects or something have to recreate the issue on my end.

Not only that but a few things should really be added to this:

- Ability to set this to only tweet on new threads, not every post, rebuild of cache, etc.
- Ability to add a hashtag.

Thanks!

It was initially only tweeting new threads, but since updates in XF, it seems to have shifted to tweeting every post for some reason. Hopefully vbgamer fixes it all in one foul swoop.

It was initially only tweeting new threads, but since updates in XF, it seems to have shifted to tweeting every post for some reason. Hopefully vbgamer fixes it all in one foul swoop.

When thread titles are edited, they get tweeted. When someone post a reply too. Sometimes for promoting old posts its good to have this 'accidental' feature. But there has to be a limit of some sort. I get a lot of traffic over twitter (and facebook) and I'd like this to get updated, hopefully soon.

The only problem with tweeting posts vs. threads, is that you will get banned by Twitter if you are tweeting thousands of posts daily, automatically. Huge problem... hence why it was never incorporated I believe from original discussions on this matter, threads vs. posts.

For a new forum or small forum with only 50 or so posts per day, sure... but if you are posting hundreds / thousands daily, Twitter will ban your entire site abruptly and quickly for abuse.

so what are the current issues with this add-on?

1. Breaks redirects
2. Tweets all new posts

what else? Is it compatible with v1.0?
Thanks

It does work, yes. Those are the two primary issues... there is some type of change that occurred within the RC upgrades, that included a builit-in twitter function in XF, which is now messing with what this mod does. It worked great up until then... so it is likely only some minor change to correct the issue, so it works independent of whatever XF core is using for Twitter.

Just wondering if this has/will be updated. I suppose this is the only problem with XF. Developers arent yet committed enough to the software to update mods :(

Not on up to date versions of XF it doesn't
I am using it right now on 3 installs, all running 1.0.1, and it works with the exception it breaks redirects, and it is posting every post, instead of only posting the threads upon creation. But it is sending to Twitter, absolutely.

I am using it right now on 3 installs, all running 1.0.1, and it works with the exception it breaks redirects, and it is posting every post, instead of only posting the threads upon creation. But it is sending to Twitter, absolutely.
Maybe it works for you, but on a fresh install of 1.0.1, not so much. Redirects, not that much of an issue, but when the thing doesn't even tweet, for whatever reason, that is.
The author needs to add something to test the connection. While I'm 100% positive of my setup config, it would be nice to be able to test that this isn't the issue.

I installed it on a fresh install of 1.0.1 as well, at is works just fine.

You may want to have a look at your twitter dev settings that you entered, because it works on a fresh install, I did it and it pushed just fine to Twitter.

I installed it on a fresh install of 1.0.1 as well, at is works just fine.

You may want to have a look at your twitter dev settings that you entered, because it works on a fresh install, I did it and it pushed just fine to Twitter.

I just checked bit.ly, it's going there fine, however, still not posting to twitter. ALL of the settings are fine, I've checked these out dozens of times, I know how to debug things. Unfortunately, this is not posting to twitter, for whatever reason, thusly it does not function.

Top Bottom