[Tut] Setting up SMTP transport with GoDaddy Hosting

DrCustUmz

I was having more trouble than a should have setting up SMTP emailing being on GoDaddy hosting, and for anyone facing similar issues I have everything you need to know since the final solution took way more digging than it needed to.

a2plcpnl0883.prod.iad2.secureserver.net

To setup SMTP mailing GoDaddy provides you with all the details you need to setup and have everything functioning, with this handy bit of information:
2021-04-02_1-09-57.webp

...Yeah, so that's no help I did all that and nothing is working! It's ok I got you covered ;)

So what you're going to want to do is get to your godaddy cpanel, once there you have a really long URL in the address bar. Go ahead and copy that bad boy. Now lets pluck away at that URL you just grabbed. you can loose the https:// then keep everything up until the :2083 (I'm assuming this is the same for everyone, but if your numbers are different don't worry just up until your numbers and follow along.)

So for me my end result was:
a2plcpnl0883.prod.iad2.secureserver.net

Keep that safe, we'll be back for him.

Now, lets head over to our GoDaddy products page, find your domain and click DNS.
Were going to add a new entry, and it will be a TXT entry.
The host is @
Txt value is
Code:
v=spf1 mx include:secureserver.net -all

go ahead and save that puppy. That will make sure your messages aren't flagged as unverified.

Ok so were done messing with GoDaddy. Lets head back over to our xen cp and setup this SMTP mailing.
Email options > email transport method > change > SMTP
Host (this will NOT be your domain, this is tat url we got in the begining)
port (should be 465)
username: you@domain.com
Pass: somePassword
SSL

You follow those steps you should be all set and have no problems with email sending.
This literally took me all day, so I thought I would share for anyone else having similar issues.

Top Bottom