Style Turubai - Early feedback program... We want YOUR feedback!

Do you like the style?

• Yes! I would be interested in buying this for my own forum!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I wouldn't buy it.

• Not really, it's not my style.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No, it needs a lot of work.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • If web designs could undergo a nuclear meltdown, this would be the meltdown.

• Total voters

Adam K M

Hello everyone!

We're fairly excited to present to you our first XenForo style, Turubai! It's currently in the development stage, and will be a paid style (although we're going to offer orders during a beta for 50% off). Please be aware that some of the style depicted in the screenshots are still rough around the edges.

We're looking to get your feedback, and your constructive opinions will be taken into account during the development of this theme! There are still a lot of parts we have yet to tailor transform into the look of the style, but we do have some of the groundwork done!

Please give us feedback on the following screenshots!!! (Click to enlarge)
upload_2015-1-24_22-47-6.webp upload_2015-1-24_22-47-34.webp upload_2015-1-24_22-47-52.webp upload_2015-1-24_22-48-11.webp upload_2015-1-24_22-49-5.webp upload_2015-1-24_22-49-33.webp

We're also going to use Material Design Iconinc Font for the icons in the style, to add some variety to the very common font-awesome implementation.

Thank you for your feedback!

its default style
We're still working hard on the forum/node list style (ie, new icons, new CSS, etc), as well as some popups and the editor.

What are your thoughts on the the style of the navigation? We're having a hard time imagining the changes to the navigation as being a "small change" from the default style.

Last edited:
I like the sidebar and the dropdown. I don't like any of the rest of the style. The header doesnt match. Overall there is not enough dark blue.

The header doesnt match.
What would make it "Match" with the rest of the site, in your opinion? I'm already looking at adding more of the darker blue to the node/forum list, in addition to the rest of our icons. (Here's an updated screenshot of the forum list with darker blue)

upload_2015-1-25_12-35-14.webp

Thanks for the rest of your feedback!

New Screenshots! @Alfa1, we've been experimenting with no background image.... thoughts?

Additionally, we've also swapped up some of the icons, and are in the midst of making the different discussion types very distinguishable (Sticky, Locked, Normal).
upload_2015-2-7_16-52-2.webp

That's not the only goodie we have for you today - check out this unique flavour of slide-out post information we decided to put into the style! What are your thoughts on it? I personally like it because it prevents the post information to the left of posts from making short posts very long (as you can see from the gif below).
5ppHbe

Last edited:
We've got another update for all of you!
We've put in a ton of work, and we've officially begun compiling a list of features for the theme!
Let us know what you think! (The real version has some animated .gifs for the image previews, and is on Turubai's overview page)
upload_2015-2-9_22-24-6.webp

We've come quite far in the past few days!
Here's another screenshot - we've redesigned some elements, and changed icons... we think it looks pretty!
upload_2015-2-15_22-40-38.webp

Nice idea and look , and maybe there are a buzillion styles but found it to appear like many others I have seen.
Unique, but for purchase can see doing it with the way it appears. I have to give kudos to ask for a feedback on something that
is so broad based on tastes alone. (y)

Top Bottom