Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

Most likely if you stop paying he will unpublish the app. If you were to start again he may recharge a submission fee.

Mods, shouldnt the resource indicate that the price of this resource is $47 a month? There is no indication of what happens if the payment is not made after the first month. Do the apps get pulled? Do the notifications stop working?

Actually the *newest* prices seem reasonable now... with your own Apple Developer account ($99/year), it looks to be a one time $37 fee.
  • Android and iPhone/iPad Apps for XenForo 47.00/month
  • My Forum has a Google Play Developer Account, use that 37.00/once
  • My Forum has an Apple Developer Account, use that 37.00/once
  • Reclaim my lost Tapatalk Users and Attachments 197.00/once
EDIT:

Nevermind... the $47/month is fixed + $37 one time to use your own Apple account. I don't get the value in this at that price point.

I could see paying a monthly fee to use his account, since Apple can potentially ban it based on my forums content. But if I use my own Apple account this risk is removed.

Basically a $47/mo fixed lease in perpetuity.

Actually the *newest* prices seem reasonable now... with your own Apple Developer account ($99/year), it looks to be a one time $37 fee.
  • Android and iPhone/iPad Apps for XenForo 47.00/month
  • My Forum has a Google Play Developer Account, use that 37.00/once
  • My Forum has an Apple Developer Account, use that 37.00/once
  • Reclaim my lost Tapatalk Users and Attachments 197.00/once
Except one thing, the 47/month is auto checked and can't be unchecked. So, he is basically charging you for the ability to upload your own app. That being said, I guess you could buy it for 1 month and upload it to your own account, then he can't pull it from the store, but yea...
Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 10.24.53 PM.webp

That being said, I guess you could buy it for 1 month and upload it to your own account, then he can't pull it from the store, but yea...

I suspect a DMCA take down notice will get it pulled... and won't look good for the dev account if it's the only thing published.

. That being said, I guess you could buy it for 1 month and upload it to your own account, then he can't pull it from the store, but yea...

If you did that, then he'd pull the plug and the push alerts would stop working, and then what's the point of having the app?

I was interested in this at the $199 price point. Now with the price more than doubling and the author refusing to respond to anyone here, I am pretty negative on this. Actually the bigger issue is the fact that there is no more open communication. This is a very new mod and should have users being able to openly discuss it with the author.

We are getting a bit tired of members attempting to moderate this thread by proxy.

We are fully capable of making a decision with regards to the content posted on this site.

If you don't agree with how the author does business, the pricing, or anything else related to it, you don't have to purchase the add-on.

Brogan is not abusing his powers. He is moderating the forum as per the forum rules, here:

https://xenforo.com/community/help/terms

If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.

If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.

Please cease and desist trolling this thread. This has to stop, now.

Further warnings will be issued to anyone who is ignoring our request, repeat warnings will result in forum access being revoked.

This applies to everyone who has posted in this thread.

If you did that, then he'd pull the plug and the push alerts would stop working, and then what's the point of having the app?
Still have your site as an app on the person's phone which can grab their attention and gain extra visits.

That makes a good point though, if you are using your own developer accounts you are essentially renting the push server for $47/month.

I don't get all the posts about prices, it's weird that he's switching them so frequently but it's his call. Just as it's your call to not buy it. No, I'm not an interested customer but I am heavily interested in this add-on for a variety of reasons. I wish a lot of sites I use had apps, I've been interested in making apps for a while, and I'm kind of curious how this monthly subscription business model works out.

@vbresults, As a friendly tip.. I understand tracking issues outside of this thread, I do it as well. However, not responding to the thread itself seems like a mistake. The members of the community don't seem to like leaving these forums for support and forcing them to do so seems like you're unsupportive (although the massive amount of updates to this resource proves otherwise). It's a better idea, in my opinion, to simply post "noted" and add the issue to your own tracking solution yourself, it's what I do.

I know this thread is under heavy moderation, rightfully so, hopefully my post isn't disrupting it.

vbresults updated Mobile App for XenForo with Push Notifications, Android + iPhone/iPad with a new update entry:

* Reverted to yearly pricing, split extended support into a separate item, added bonus months

Reverted to Yearly Pricing

We've decided to revert back to the yearly pricing scheme that was in place prior to the recent switch to monthly pricing.

Split Extended Support

The yearly apps come with prioritized 1-on-1 support up until both of your apps are published. If you want ongoing 1-on-1 support after both of your apps are published, select the monthly extended support option at checkout. The extended option can be toggled once per year....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Top Bottom