Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone [Deleted]

Hi vbresults,

upon using the 1.2.51 , here are my suggestions

* Remove the status circle arrow - as users focus their eye on that circling thing and it just keeps on circling and circling even if the page is already displaying properly.
without that circling arrow is better because once page displays, users can browse instantly without waiting for the annoying circling arrow to finish. Even if users will browse with the circle thing still circles, its annoying with that keeps on moving while you read threads...

* Please put back the page title - this makes the app much better looking as it shows which specific page they are on... rather than just plain small logo at the center its so bare and feel like so bare..

Very Bare Looking App without page title
taz0.webp

MUCH BETTER with Page Title (App looks professional)
taz1.webp

Thanks very much

Last edited:
Hi vbresults,

upon using the 1.2.51 , here are my suggestions

* Remove the status circle arrow - as users focus their eye on that circling thing and it just keeps on circling and circling even if the page is already displaying properly.
without that circling arrow is better because once page displays, users can browse instantly without waiting for the annoying circling arrow to finish. Even if users will browse with the circle thing still circles, its annoying with that keeps on moving while you read threads...

* Please put back the page title - this makes the app much better looking as it shows which specific page they are on... rather than just plain small logo at the center its so bare and feel like so bare..

Very Bare Looking App without page title
View attachment 135746

MUCH BETTER with Page Title (App looks professional)
View attachment 135747

Thanks very much
Your email has been replied to;

Also, @DPF, I just confirmed: Apple does not perform reviews of enterprise apps. So long as everything is legal, we can publish your apps that way without any issues.

the latest update is breath taking, can we submit screenshots of the app @vbresults ? the new native quick reply/quick thread is simply genius, i love it ! . The addition of page indicator has been requested many times and finally been implemented as well !

great app that keep getting better

the latest update is breath taking, can we submit screenshots of the app @vbresults ? the new native quick reply/quick thread is simply genius, i love it ! . The addition of page indicator has been requested many times and finally been implemented as well !

great app that keep getting better
If you are on Plus or Business Class, both allow hosting the apps on your own store accounts -- in which case, you do have a chance to slip in your own screenshots (for Apple, it must be done in the time window between when the monthly update is submitted and when it is approved)

Is it just me or does the price of this add on change with the weather? What changed that made it go from 25 a month to 29?? (295 year to 348 year) Of course your free to charge what you like but it seems like it changes a lot.. i was on the fence before but the unstable price sticker makes me leary.

Is it just me or does the price of this add on change with the weather? What changed that made it go from 25 a month to 29?? (295 year to 348 year) Of course your free to charge what you like but it seems like it changes a lot.. i was on the fence before but the unstable price sticker makes me leary.
I understand why you'd feel this way. The reason is this: we were able to make the recently introduced DIY (the self-publish version of the app) monthly. In doing that, an unexpected opportunity opened up to do the same Turn-key (and Enterprise, which is an extension of that).

About the previous price change. When it was $195, the only way we could sustain that long-term was if Github support was provided instead of email. Tried it, and financially it worked, but in real terms, many admins hated it as did I personally (there was too little communication and feedback).

As such, Github support was abolished, email support restored, the pricing was increased to $295 to sustain that. The people who came in at the old pricing kept and keep it. The only people who can miss out are those who skip on their next payment, this is part of the mutually workable deal.

About the pricing increase on this round, it is a different reason. As you know, we provide a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. We are taking all of the risk in the transaction -- a big component of turn-key is a shift of manual work from the admin to us.

With a change to monthly pricing, where anyone can get in, the risk we take multiplies. The mutually workable aspect of this is the increase in the pricing for the increased risk we take on. Some may like it others may not, but it is what works for everyone.

Edit: I'll also pin this to the update

Last edited:
Since this is a browser wrapper app: how would it handle WordPress installed on the same domain with "XenWord" add-on as bridge? Would it stay in the app or open the links in the browser? And if the latter: can the app be modified (for a price of course) to handle both in the app?

Since this is a browser wrapper app: how would it handle WordPress installed on the same domain with "XenWord" add-on as bridge? Would it stay in the app or open the links in the browser? And if the latter: can the app be modified (for a price of course) to handle both in the app?
It stays in the app, as it's on the same domain, and the bridge works as expected. You can also add domains to a whitelist that is allowed to be open in the app (for example Linkedin/Facebook/Twitter/Steam authorize outside of the app's domain -- and it's not limited to these).

Note that the app launch url must point to the forum homepage. That is the only restriction.

Question: can the forum theme be changed when the app opens the board? In other words: Is it possible to let the app open an other theme that is adjusted and tweaked for the best display in the app?

vbresults updated Turnkey Mobile Apps for XenForo with Addon/Theme Support, Android & iPhone with a new update entry:

* Turnkey Mobile Apps 1.2.55

[iPhone]

* Fixed bug introduced in .54 causing the native posting form to show a white box instead
* Fixed bug causing home button to trigger back history repeatedly (@bloh)
* Fixed newly discovered 2nd cause of external links not working (@king8084)
* Native posting fields now sized uniformly
* Reimplemented native safari-style swipe left/right to navigate back/forward

[Android]

* Fixed bug causing push alerts to redirect the app while it is open...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom