Turning off registration, but creating a "hidden" registration page?

Deepmartini

Would this be possible? I want to create a private forum so the public can not register. But I'd like to be able to send out a private link to a registration page where people I invite can sign up and become a member. Is this possible?

I guess you could password it and change the password each time you send it - or every week depending how many enquiries you get.

I was think more along the lines of creating a page URL and hiding the node so it doesn't show up then manually approving registrations. I'm just wondering if it's possible to create a registration form and have it still be "active" and taking registrations even when you switch registrations to be off. Or maybe I should do some template edits and just remove the register ability from the drop down log in box and sidebar?

If the page is not linked anywhere how are people to request reg?
You could replace the registration page with a Contact page which asks them to select their username and give date of birth, location, website.That sends to you.
It would be possible to get this (with a mod) to fill in a new account which is usergroup pending/ waiting for you top approve.

Or you transfer the data to an account, create a password, and click them to notify in a private convo - or a small notification mod.

This might be useful

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/simple-forms-addon-beta.23037/

I was think more along the lines of creating a page URL and hiding the node so it doesn't show up then manually approving registrations...
Search bots will find links to anything that is publicly viewable. Might be easier to show 1 forum and public registrations, then have the other forums only viewable by people logged in, or in a special user group.

Or have the option to turn on/off certain registration areas, like the top drop down box, sidebar registration button, error pop-up message, navigational tab area, etc. Maybe this is a worthwhile mod for the community?

Top Bottom