1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning off registration, but creating a "hidden" registration page?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Deepmartini, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Would this be possible? I want to create a private forum so the public can not register. But I'd like to be able to send out a private link to a registration page where people I invite can sign up and become a member. Is this possible?
  2. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I guess you could password it and change the password each time you send it - or every week depending how many enquiries you get.
  3. Deepmartini

I was think more along the lines of creating a page URL and hiding the node so it doesn't show up then manually approving registrations. I'm just wondering if it's possible to create a registration form and have it still be "active" and taking registrations even when you switch registrations to be off. Or maybe I should do some template edits and just remove the register ability from the drop down log in box and sidebar?
  4. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

If the page is not linked anywhere how are people to request reg?
    You could replace the registration page with a Contact page which asks them to select their username and give date of birth, location, website.That sends to you.
    It would be possible to get this (with a mod) to fill in a new account which is usergroup pending/ waiting for you top approve.

Or you transfer the data to an account, create a password, and click them to notify in a private convo - or a small notification mod.

This might be useful

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Search bots will find links to anything that is publicly viewable. Might be easier to show 1 forum and public registrations, then have the other forums only viewable by people logged in, or in a special user group.
  6. Bolaji

Bolaji New Member

Hi all -

I have this same need.
    I want my entire forum to be private.
    How are people doing that?

7. Deepmartini

It would be nice to have this option to be able to run a private members-only site.
  8. Deepmartini

Or have the option to turn on/off certain registration areas, like the top drop down box, sidebar registration button, error pop-up message, navigational tab area, etc. Maybe this is a worthwhile mod for the community?