XF 2.0 Trying to find threads from many years ago, how?

surfsup

The search does not have an option of 'search by date', only newer than - I am trying to find a specific thread from like 8 years ago or so, how can I accomplish this by searching for a keyword? It is weird also that the search results does not show by the date as all the dates are mixed, even when I go to the furthest page.

The search does not have an option of 'search by date', only newer than - I am trying to find a specific thread from like 8 years ago or so, how can I accomplish this by searching for a keyword? It is weird also that the search results does not show by the date as all the dates are mixed, even when I go to the furthest page.

You can also achieve this using Google:

It is weird also that the search results does not show by the date as all the dates are mixed, even when I go to the furthest page.
Sounds like your results are relevance ordered (which is the default with Enhanced Search). You can switch to date on the advanced search form.

When date ordered, the final page should have an option to view older results.

If you need to search a common word by a specific member, you might like to use this add-on:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-search.5602/

You can set it to return thousands of results all shown on one page date sorted.

Top Bottom