• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Trying to create new style

Hi I am trying to create new style. I am good in HTML CSS, so no issues about programming. Even i have experience in wordpress theme development.

Now in xenforo,

Is there any step by step tutorial how to create a new style.

i tried to create a new style in admin section. Eventhough style is created no files or folder is created under styles folder.

So how can intergrate my own images and icons in the style i am creating. Looks like even if i created a new style it is still using the images from the default style folder.

I tried using free style from resources, it has separate file and folders for that style and an xml file

In wordpress, i used copy and existing theme and develop based on it.

can anybody help or guide

thanks

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Once you have created the new style, you need to set the "Path to Images" in Style Properties -> Settings.
Something like styles/my_style

Then create the directory on your server corresponding to that path, in the /styles directory.

Copy and paste all of the files and directories from the /default style directory into your new style directory.

Then you can customise the images in your new style directory.

Steve F

Style Properties -> General -> Settings -> Path to Images

Define your path there but just remember XenForo uses "@imagePath/xenforo/" as its base so you need to keep that structure when creating your folders.

So basically you want your folders to look like: styles/YOUR-STYLE/xenforo/ ~ image folders

I usually just copy the default style folder and rename it to my style name and inside "xenforo" folder make a "sources" folder for my custom images.