RM 2.1 Trying to attach more than 5 images to a Resource, getting error that 5 is max

Kevin

I thought I changed the right setting but, apparently, not. :D

I created a new Resource and ran into an error message that I could only attach up to 5 images. So I saved the resource and went in the ACP options for XFRM I changed "Maximum number of resource files" to a higher number. Going back to edit the resource I got the same error message. HHhmmm.... I tried logging out, closing my browser, trying a different browser, cleaning permissions cache, trying a different user account, restarting httpd service, clearing cookies... basically everything I could think of, all with no luck. I can't find any other options that might seem to be involved that would affect it. Heck, I even updated XF and XFRM to the current versions.

XF: 2.1.3
XFRM: 2.1.3

Any thoughts on what I may have missed? I'm stumped on this one; what do I need to change to add more than 5 images to a resource? 🤔

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Are the images the actual resource or are you adding them to the resource description/content?

The 'Maximum number of resource files' option is for the actual resource files, not attached images in the message area.

Kevin

Are the images the actual resource or are you adding them to the resource description/content?

The 'Maximum number of resource files' option is for the actual resource files, not attached images in the message area.
They are screen shots I'm trying to attach & embed inline to the description.

... and I see that my initial thinking was incorrect. I was thinking that the attachment limit for a "Resource" would be self-contained to within the RM settings but I see now that the Description of the Resource is limited by the Attachments Maximum attachments per message setting. Well, dang it, but problem solved.

Thanks