MG 1.1 Trouble with Watermarks

Bionic Rooster

If I use php 5.4 watermark works, but anything above that php 5.6 or php 7.0 I get errors "Cannot watermark without ImageMagick installed."
When I check php info it says Imagick is installed.
What's the difference between Imagick and ImageMagick?
How can I fix this so I can use php 7.0?

Thanks.

And there's your problem.

Something is overriding things in your community directory. If you go to community/info.php you will see that it is running PHP 5.4. What's more, there is no Imagick mentioned anywhere in there.

You need to ask your host to ensure that the correct version of PHP is available to scripts executing in the community directory, and ensure that version of PHP has Imagick available.

This is really basic debugging that is entirely your host's responsibility, given that you're paying them to support you with such things.

So......after further testing all folders running xf 1.5.x show php 5.4.45 when php 7 is set however other folders running different functions report php version 7.0.31
http://xftest.international-star-riders.com/info.php (xf 2.x.x)
http://israbrazil.international-star-riders.com/community/info.php (xf 1.5.x shows php 5.4.45)
http://www.international-star-riders.com/community/info.php (xf 1.5.x shows php 5.4.45)
Providers conclusion is that something in xf 1.5 is not allowing php 7 to function and it defaults to php 5.4.45
Again not a server issue.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That’s not even technically possible (a PHP script already executing with PHP downgrading the PHP version that is in use).

Who is your host?

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Never mind, I think you're running nginx anyway.

Look, I'll be frank. We're at a point where there's nothing further we can do at an application level. All I can tell you at this point is that it is not at all possible for an active PHP script to make decisions as to what version of PHP it is executing with (it's already running, it's not even technically possible to fallback to an alternative).

At this point, even if you had active support, this is not something we can help you with further as it is very clearly a server issue. Your host doesn't appear to be very competent based on the posts so far in this thread so unless you can get it escalated to someone who knows what they're talking about, you'd be limited to finding some third party to look into it for you. If that's not possible, then I'd say it is time to seriously consider changing your host.

Top Bottom