Trouble with SEO

Dnyan

I am facing issue for SEO

Bing

it is accepting sitemap and indexing it

description of my site is picked up from a wall post made by someone a long back.

Google

Not indexing my sitemap, i resubmitted it many times after 2 3 days

it showing me some crawler error with some pages redirect to 404, there are some pages which do not exist at all but showing in sitemap or in crawler

they did not index even a single page.

i am using xF2 beta 2.

Can anyone help me on this.

thanks

My site is now showing on search engine.

Google not yet processed sitemap.

I can see my site, its pages on search engine.

It was not showimg before may be because my site was new

Google started indexing my pages now, robot txt really helps.

When i search my site i only able to see members, tags to threads at top and not threads.

Is it by design or i need to do something else in console

My forum is now more than 3 month old.

When i check google page rank it shows 0 / 10.

Do i need to do something to raise the page rank.

Sometimes it just takes time. Please be patient. Your sitemap will be processed after your site has been online for a long enough time. Google likes to make us wait before we get the keywords. It just takes link building. The more threads you got, especially if they have conversation or content, and the longer your online, the more you will see improvements.

But yes robots.txt helps out a lot. About the errors, I don't know your situation so I could not say. If your domain was owned by a previous owner that could be the reason. I have the same issue as my domain used to be owned by someone else.

Google Seo console now shows all urls are indexed.

I can see all them when i search with domain name.

But in general search, i can see any listed url in search until i type full tittle.

So i checked page rank - it shows 0.

Also i did some checking on seo website.

It shows head tags are missing from pages.

What i should do to make my sites url to show up in search atleast in first 10 pages of search result.

Page rank is not used anymore by google. Domain and page authority you can check instead but i would just focus on indexing of good content.

Robots.txt does indeed help. I noticed a drop in pages crawled this year because of an update i think and blocking posts and goto (redirects) did help increase it.

You could also block members and tags, but for tags i would put a noindex on it and let it be crawled because it helps google discover/crawl (older) content.

Ultimately it is all about how many visitors you get, so you have to see what effect this has on that. If you get organic traffic from member pages or tags you could leave it, but also check bounce rate and time spent on your forum.

Also getting on the first (10) page depends on the keywords you search with.

Last edited:
Page rank is not used anymore by google. Domain and page authority you can check instead but i would just focus on indexing of good content.

Robots.txt does indeed help. I noticed a drop in pages crawled this year because of an update i think and blocking posts and goto (redirects) did help increase it.

You could also block members and tags, but for tags i would put a noindex on it and let it be crawled because it helps google discover/crawl (older) content.

Ultimately it is all about how many visitors you get, so you have to see what effect this has on that. If you get organic traffic from member pages or tags you could leave it, but also check bounce rate and time spent on your forum.

Also getting on the first (10) page depends on the keywords you search with.

Can you show me your robot.txt file, so i can understand how to put no index content and what i should block.

According to Alexa current statistics are

Bounce Rate
31.10%
Daily Pageviews per Visitor
Daily Time on Site
7:51

Ow i misread, you was asking about noindex on pages.

For finding out the correct template you can search this on the page scource <div id="content" class=" , the template is stated after this. Template fo tags would be 'tag_view' and for member pages 'member_view'. But the member page i would block in robots.txt only because there is also rel canonical on it and both should not be added.

And then add noindex to the template at the top:
Code:
<xen:container var="$head.robots">
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex" /></xen:container>

Ow i misread, you was asking about noindex on pages.

For finding out the correct template you can search this on the page scource <div id="content" class=" , the template is stated after this. Template fo tags would be 'tag_view' and for member pages 'member_view'. But the member page i would block in robots.txt only because there is also rel canonical on it and both should not be added.

And then add noindex to the template at the top:
Code:
<xen:container var="$head.robots">
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex" /></xen:container>

I am having trouble in getting listed in SERPS.
I am no where on them.

I want to get in atleast on 10th page.

I want to know, how i can do that.

If i type full titile of thread and do search, i see my page.

When i delet one word from it and do search - i am no where.

Thank You

That depends of your content on those pages and how your competitors for keywords are doing.

Best to focus on good content on your forum that google can crawl and index fast. Look at your visitors on google analytics and see if it increases. That is what matters.

Update

After doing some more research i found that
For some words search in google
My page rank at 1st 2nd 3rd 4th so on on first page of search results.

And for some word search i am nowhere.

It mean google do priorities words base on background of website data.

Though my website is new but may be speaking more on some keyword for which no other site speaks i get shown on 1st page in result.

Some keyword for which many website spoke already and i too doing same in other way - it may take time as its difficult to rank up by making old pages down without much popularity in the world.

Conclusion
xF does a best SEO, only thing we need to work harder on getting posts from user or by own.

Some of the post which have 2 line content (thin content) also showing on 1st page of search result.

Example

How to check verticality of building
Verticality of building
Concrete mix design m85

I see my site on 1st page - its civil4m 3.5 month old.

Top Bottom