XF 1.2 Trouble with node icons

Matthew Hawley

I change the unread node icon to this:

Code:
<div class="icon-comments-alt icon-3x icon-fixed-width" style="color:#da0000;float:left;margin:auto; {xen:if $forum.hasNew, 'unread'}">

And this is the result:

nodeiconproblem.webp

Any suggestions?

Okay I did this:

Code:
<div class="{xen:if $forum.hasNew, 'unread'} icon-comments-alt icon-3x icon-fixed-width" style="color:#1ada00;float:left;margin:auto;">

Did the same thing.
And then I did this:

Code:
<div class="icon-comments-alt icon-3x icon-fixed-width" style="color:#1ada00;float:left;margin:auto;" {xen:if $forum.hasNew, 'unread'}">

Same thing happens again.

I got the lastPost to show, but everything in the forum rows are faded.
Code:
<div class="nodeInfo forumNodeInfo primaryContent {xen:if $forum.hasNew, 'unread'}" style="opacity:0.6;">

I still need help with the node icons. Its making everything in the forum rows fade. Look.

Its because of the opacity, but I only want it to affect the icons.

http://letspwn.com/store/misc/style?style_id=22&_xfToken=1,1372724808,d5b4116635bfa565f264312d8e57fe05aac3f6db&redirect=/store/
Where are you applying the opacity at? Can't you go into the Style Properties -> Node Icons and just set the opacity as a default there. That's what I do on the xenFoogle and my customized default style and it works fine. I define the icons I use (since I use different ones) in EXTRA.css and it applies across the board to all of them. In EXTRA.css I then apply a opacity of 1.0 for the unread icons.
Code:
/* Adjust opacity on new message icons in forum list */
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
        opacity: 1.0;
        }
If you are calling them from a remote site then that may present a problem (in more ways than one - I wouldn't want the additional traffic load and the dependency on another site that depends on a remote server that I don't control to deliver the icons). I'm of the school that just because it can be done doesn't necessarily mean it should be done. ;)
What if someone wants to customize their icons - aren't you making it a more difficult for them by your design?

Last edited:
Whatever you are trying to do with the nodeicons you can do via css and implement the design you want (graphic editor knowledge required) and as @Tracy Perry mentioned others may want to modify and not appreciate remotely hosted images. I've quickly glanced through this thread but I can't see why you can't apply this via css in EXTRA and/or Style Properties.

I'm really unsure what you are trying to do here. Has this anything to do with the PC you sent? If so I'd advise familiarising yourself with a graphics editor if the design part is the reason why your doing whatever you are doing. I'm still unsure what it is you are trying to do here.

I'm really unsure what you are trying to do here. Has this anything to do with the PC you sent? If so I'd advise familiarising yourself with a graphics editor if the design part is the reason why your doing whatever you are doing. I'm still unsure what it is you are trying to do here.
@Shelley some of us are technically inclined and severely graphically challenged (hmmm... I wonder who one of those could be! just replace the "b" with "m" and you got it!!). :p
I know that PhotoShop (ended up finding an upgrade copy of PhotoShop CS in the box with the other PhotoShop stuff- which I think is actually the equivalent of PhotoShop 8 but renamed) is a great tool but can already tell it's going to be a challenge for me since I'm more tech geek than look good geek.:whistle:

I can see where he's coming from, but with the wealth of already developed free icons out there that would work I don't see why he does not utilize them as he learns whatever graphics editor he has chosen.

Top Bottom