XF 1.2 Trouble Upgrading from 1.2 RC2 to 1.2

Tobseb

I just tried to Upgrade from 1.2 RC2 to 1.2. I uploaded all files, and then a message shows up "There are at least 1 file(s) that do not appear to have the expected contents." ... So I got the full package and uploaded everything once again. Same mistake. I didn't know what to do, so I tried to "Begin Upgrade" even if the error was still there. First I got that Error "Line 26: Template syntax error." and afterwards that one "ad_thread_list_below_stickies: Line 1: Template syntax error." (caused by an add-on?).

I do not really know what I should do now.

Does it still let you into your Admin CP?

If so, go in, disable all add-ons, and try installing again (after copying the files across for a third time -- also download the package again).

If you can't get into the Admin CP. Open:

library/config.php

Add this line to the bottom:

$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Then try and upgrade again.

Keep a very close eye on your FTP console. It should pretty much list the transfer status of all files. See if you can tell which file it is failing on. It might be a permissions thing that's blocking the file from being uploaded.

Nope, I am not able to get into the ACP.

Already tried to reupload it a few times.

Just tried it with the "$config['enableListeners'] = false;" ... Still the same Error. "$config['debug'] = true;" also does not improve anything.

I will try a different FTP program now ( used FileZilla so far ).

There is one Error. "/library/Zend/Feed/Pubsubhubbub/Http" -> "Create Folder" . Idk why that one fails, but in the folder there is not even anything in it... ?

All the indications point to a corrupt/incomplete .zip or an FTP issue.

Download the .zip again, use a program other than Filezilla.

Are you actually using the full upgrade .zip to do an upgrade?

You do realise the implications of that?
Can u explain Brogan?

Incidentally... I downloaded rc2 just earlier and am half way through CLI upgrade using the full zip. Its just a test upgrade.

What is the difference between the upgrade and full packages?
The upgrade package does not include the following files and directories:
.htaccess
data
internal_data

You stand the risk of overwriting content and potentially losing avatars and attachments, depending on how the FTP program is configured.

What is the difference between the upgrade and full packages?
The upgrade package does not include the following files and directories:
.htaccess
library/config.php
data
internal_data

You stand the risk of overwriting content and potentially losing avatars and attachments, depending on how the FTP program is configured.
.htaccess and config.php was not overwritten for me. Avatars are still existing so far. That would be OK for me. The installation is pretty new. But I still do not know, how to get through the upgrade now. Same thing as before. :|

Top Bottom