1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Downloading RC 2

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by jmurrayhead, Feb 8, 2011.

1. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I went to download RC2 and have some issues. When I tried to get the full download, it did not appear to be a full download package, (e.g., the install directory was missing, as were other files/folders). I tried uploading both the 'full' installation I downloaded and the also the 'upgrade' package and attempted to upgrade the software. I then received the following message:

You are already running the current version (1.0.0 Beta 6).

Is there something wrong with the download area?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've just downloaded it again and compared it with my original, working package and it's identical.

3. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Take a look at library/XenForo/Application.php within your downloaded files - what does it say near the top as the $version and $versionId ?

4. jmurrayhead

That entire directory ('XenForo') is missing from both download packages for me.

5. Kier

I can only suggest that you download the package again, as I just did so and the XenForo directory is sitting in the library folder as expected.

6. Floris

Floris Guest

Use a different browser perhaps?

7. jmurrayhead

This is odd. I've downloaded several times now from two different browsers to see if that would help. No such luck. So I tried viewing the ZIP file without extracting and noticed that the files were indeed there. Going to give the system a reboot and see what happens.

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I downloaded it as well, and it's there for me.

9. jmurrayhead

This thread is now missing posts [​IMG]

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

This thread here??

11. Brogan

Which ones?

There are no soft-deleted posts.

12. jmurrayhead

A couple. I concluded the thread with at least one post which is now gone. It seems a few members are reporting this behavior in the 'Current Litigation' thread, too.

13. Brogan

14. Kier

Nope.

15. jmurrayhead

Strange. Perhaps there are some legit postings missing. I don't know, but there was definitely at least one post in this thread where I let everyone know that I was just having some network troubles and the download itself was ok.

16. Kier

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and I didn't see that post come in. Are you sure it was properly committed?

17. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I read that post. It's not here now.

18. Brogan

Same here.
    I didn't notice any new posts since your last one yesterday.

19. jmurrayhead

Thank goodness, thought I was maybe going crazy for a bit there :p