1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trophy wording inconsistency

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by BirdOPrey5, Aug 2, 2010.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

On the main forum display page in the top right by your stats they are simply called "Points" - on the member 'card' they are called "Trophy Points" and in these super popular sigs and elsewhere they are just called "Trophies" - seems the wording should be more consistent.

2. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

I think points is a valid shortening of trophy points. it's just me and erik decided to use "trophies" as a shortened version, can't really hold that against xf :D

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  3. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

I think he means within the forum itself, like on the help page where it is referred to as trophies: http://xenforo.com/community/help/trophies

4. BirdOPrey5

Yeah, I didn't just mean the sig though those are the most popular.

5. Disjunto

yes, they are referred to as Trophies, but the values associated with them are referred to as Points or Trophy Points everywhere but the sigs. Unless I've not checked somewhere

6. BirdOPrey5

I'm just saying 3 different terms are used to refer to the same exact value: Trophies, Trophy Points, and Points... I'd think they should all just be: Trophies.

7. Disjunto

is there anywhere on the site (other than sigs) where the actual points are referred to as trophies? if not, this is a non issue

8. BirdOPrey5

9. Disjunto

That's a list of the trophies, with the points they each have. The points themselves are never actually named.

10. BirdOPrey5

I think that's splitting hairs personally but whatever, if the powers that be are OK with it, it's not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

11. Disjunto

You have trophies, worth Trophy Points. These trophy points are referred to as Trophy Points or just Points. It's not really splitting hairs, it's that points are a valuation of A trophy. Anyway, would like to here from someone else ;)

12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The "points" reference should probably change, but there is a distinction between a trophy and trophy points. (Likewise, gamer score and achievements on the Xbox.)

13. BirdOPrey5

So is 'trophies' kind of being mis-used on sigs? It should probably be 'points'- I just don't see what the difference is between trophy points and trophies- it seems like people are assuming 1 point = 1 trophy, but I take it that is not the case.

14. Disjunto

yes, trophies is being misused on the sigs, partially my fault there :D

15. Floris

Floris Guest

I have no problem with you taking the blame for that :)

Disjunto likes this.