• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Trophy wording inconsistency

BirdOPrey5

On the main forum display page in the top right by your stats they are simply called "Points" - on the member 'card' they are called "Trophy Points" and in these super popular sigs and elsewhere they are just called "Trophies" - seems the wording should be more consistent.

Disjunto

I think points is a valid shortening of trophy points. it's just me and erik decided to use "trophies" as a shortened version, can't really hold that against xf :D

BirdOPrey5

I'm just saying 3 different terms are used to refer to the same exact value: Trophies, Trophy Points, and Points... I'd think they should all just be: Trophies.

Disjunto

is there anywhere on the site (other than sigs) where the actual points are referred to as trophies? if not, this is a non issue

BirdOPrey5

I think that's splitting hairs personally but whatever, if the powers that be are OK with it, it's not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

Disjunto

You have trophies, worth Trophy Points. These trophy points are referred to as Trophy Points or just Points. It's not really splitting hairs, it's that points are a valuation of A trophy. Anyway, would like to here from someone else ;)

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The "points" reference should probably change, but there is a distinction between a trophy and trophy points. (Likewise, gamer score and achievements on the Xbox.)

BirdOPrey5

The "points" reference should probably change, but there is a distinction between a trophy and trophy points. (Likewise, gamer score and achievements on the Xbox.)
So is 'trophies' kind of being mis-used on sigs? It should probably be 'points'- I just don't see what the difference is between trophy points and trophies- it seems like people are assuming 1 point = 1 trophy, but I take it that is not the case.