Trophy User Titles Issue After Import

Trip

Quick question about the user titles. I successfully (and very smoothly I might add) imported my vB 3.8.4 info into my new xF forum. I have a number of members with established post counts (1000+) and I have my "post count user titles" set up...new member 0 posts, member 25 posts, etc, etc. My issue is that everyone is showing as a "new member" regardless of their post count. I tried "updating user titles" and rebuilding all the caches and ran all the crons. No joy. Are members required to login before the information is updated? Or am I missing something?

Thanks, I wonder if there is a way to temporally change the cron to include all users and run it just the once, and then simply set it back. In my case (after import) it looks a bit "out of sorts".

You should be able to edit this file:

library/XenForo/CronEntry/Trophy.php

This looks like the relevant code:

Code:
		$users = $userModel->getUsers(array(
			'user_state' => 'valid',
			'is_banned' => 0,
			'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400)
		), array(
			'join' => XenForo_Model_User::FETCH_USER_OPTION
		));

Thanks Jake, you were right that worked as far as the trophy points goes. I'm still trying to figure out how to update member's user titles. I still have that
'new member" thing going on. I would have thought that cron would have controlled that too, but I guess not.

Thanks Jake, you were right that worked as far as the trophy points goes. I'm still trying to figure out how to update member's user titles. I still have that
'new member" thing going on. I would have thought that cron would have controlled that too, but I guess not.

I just ran an import to test this. User titles appear to update immediately once the trophy points are in.

Check xf_user.trophy_points in the database for one of the problem users. Make sure their trophy points are showing an expected value after having run that cron.

I see a number of different entries per problem user. Looks like the expected values though. Strange thing is that this isn't isolated to a few users here and there, it's everybody who doesn't have a custom title. The user rank ladder doesn't work correctly for me at all.

I just spent some more time testing the title system. Everything is working as I would expect when I mess with the titles of my imported users.

A few things:

1) Check for custom titles in your groups:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group] -> User Title Override

If a title is set here then it will override the default ladder of titles.

2) Keep in mind the Display Styling Priority for each group. If a user belongs to multiple groups then the highest priority group will take precedence when it comes to the User Title Override. Make sure the relevant groups don't have the same priority or it becomes ambiguous.

3) This counter will rebuild the user titles following changes to the ladder or groups:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild User Caches

I have confirmed that this counter processes all users regardless of last activity.

I'm using the registered user group as an example. User title override is set to "use the default user title ladder" with a display styling priority set to 0, edit custom title is denied. I'm using one registered member to troubleshoot (although the issue is w/all members in the registered member group). This member has message count of 29, he has been on and posting since the import to xF.
My ladder is as follows:
New member-0
Member-25
Active Member-100
Well-Known Member-500

If I look up this member directly it is showing him in the user group "Registered" with no secondary user groups boxes checked, user state is valid. I've run the user cache and cron, technically this member should be showing as "member" but he is showing as "new member"

I installed as fresh beta 2 on my local test server. I left all settings stock and never touched a thing as far as permissions of otherwise. I created a member created a number of posts to move up one notch on the ladder, and he is still listed as new member. Obviously I'm missing something, I was starting to think it had something to do with the import or "self-induced bug" but my local test site is showing the same problem.

I thought the user ladder was based on post count. I even read the ACP trophy title page wrong as well...minimum points (not posts). Thanks for the help and setting me straight. I have to get out of yesterdays way of thinking and get on board with xF's way of doing things ;)

You should be able to edit this file:

library/XenForo/CronEntry/Trophy.php

This looks like the relevant code:

Code:
'user_state' => 'valid',
'is_banned' => 0,
), array(
));

I'm thinking about trying this myself, but I'm not sure what code edits need to be done to make this happen. Any advice?

I'm thinking about trying this myself, but I'm not sure what code edits need to be done to make this happen. Any advice?

Remove the red code:

Rich (BB code):
			'user_state' => 'valid',
			'is_banned' => 0,
		), array(
		));

Top Bottom