1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trophy points - what's the point?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Garamond, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

I didn't find any kind of statistics for trophy points or likes, and then I asked myself - why would people be interested in that if they cannot see who got the most? I mean, some points here and there doesn't tell much until they are sorted in a sidebar where everyone can see them.

This should be something built into XenForo.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They're linked to the user title ladder, in much the same way post quantities are in other software.

That's the main point of them I suppose.

http://xenforo.com/help/trophies/

3. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

but the user does not see the "user title ladder"............???

4. Brogan

They don't on other software, unless I'm mistaken.

5. Garamond

A sidebar showing the 10 users with most 'Likes' and/or most 'Points' would make it much more fun for members to try and get more of them. You know, many people are quite competitive - and this would make more people post more.

6. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

but how should the user understand the "points system" and the use of it when he does not know that the points will increase his "user status" or "user title ladder" ?

7. Garamond

Please don't start thinking like Microsoft ;) hehe

8. Brogan

You can always request an add-on to be coded to display most liked posters, etc.

There's probably already one available.

9. Garamond

I'll check it out, thanks Brogan for your ever so quick responses. You are indeed one of the greatest assets here :)