XF 1.4 Trophy Achievements

Amaury

We're now implementing trophy points, and there's something I'm curious about.

If today, June 25, 2015, I add trophies for a user's birthday and anniversary, will they only get a trophy the next time happens or for all of the times it should have happened had we done trophies earlier?

So if a user registered on June 28, 2011, and their birthday is on July 11, will they only get trophies on June 28, 2015, and July 11, 2015, or will they get trophies for:
  • July 11, 2011
  • June 28, 2012
  • July 11, 2012
  • June 28, 2013
  • July 11, 2013
  • June 28, 2014
  • July 11, 2014

...as well?

For anniversary trophies I believe a user will get all of the ones they match the criteria for, so if they have been there for 5 years they'll get 5 anniversary trophies (assuming you have created a trophy for 365 days, 730 days, 1095 days etc). Do bear in mind that over a period of years the day the anniversary trophy is awarded on will drift from the actual anniversary date due to leap years. There's not much you can do about this really though.

As for birthday trophies, I think a user is only awarded this once and that will be given on the first birthday they are actually logged into the forum. I'm assuming it's once only, which is a shame as it would be great to award it for each birthday they logged in. On my forums I was award the birthday trophy in 2014 but not in 2015 even though I logged in on my birthday.

Correct @Martok - a birthday trophy is only awarded once.

I have set up a notice for members' birthdays - at least then they get a little message if they log in on their birthday.

Ditto, I use Chris's Notifications with a pop-up notice to with a member a happy birthday and another notice to tell members it's their birthday (if their privacy settings allow this) so they can wish them a happy birthday on their profile. :)

@Martok, @Brogan, thanks for the responses!

I think I may have actually had a brain fart for the anniversary ones. I should have known that one. However, for the birthday one, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, that means that, using my dates above, if a user joined on June 28, 2011, and their birthday is on July 11, if I make a birthday trophy today, on July 11, 2015, they will only get a trophy for their birthday that day and not that plus four more at the same time for their previous birthdays since joining.

Edit: For the anniversary ones, they only get them if they log on, correct? So if make one for being a member for two years, but they haven't been online since shortly after their first anniversary, they won't get the second anniversary trophy?

Trophies are only awarded once, so only one birthday trophy will ever be awarded.

If you had two separate "birthday" trophies then they would both be awarded, but again only once.

As stated previously, they will only get the birthday trophy once and that will be awarded on their birthday when they log in. So if they don't log in on their birthday until 2017, they'll get the trophy for their 2017 birthday.

As also stated previously, they will get all anniversary trophies as they are entitled to as they will have met the criteria, which is "User has been registered for at least X days" (where X is 365, 730, 1095 etc). You don't need to log in on your anniversary to get this as you still meet the criteria.

Gotcha. Thanks, guys! :)

The anniversary ones just go by the date, whereas a trophy for simply being a member requires logging in. I see that I got a trophy for that, but not other members yet.

Top Bottom