Increase Trophies possibilities

Hareon

Trophies are some of the most interesting things I've seen in Xenforo and I loved that they work like achievements. Anyone who played WoW knows what I'm talking about when I say that it's satisfying to see the achievement notification popping up on the screen.

There could be a way to appear on the user's screen when an achievement is obtained, in addition to that notification in the corner of the screen.

I believe that the Core functionality of Trophies can be improved without the need for addons.

Furthermore, it would be very interesting to add more possibilities for obtaining Trophies, such as posting on a specific forum. I have a specific forum where people can post content. Posting there could give some Trophie.

Greater integration with official Addons such as Resource Manager would also be very interesting. We already have an option for posting X resources, but it would also be cool to earn Trophies with rates, downloads, comments...

My suggestions:
Xenforo Base:
  • When someone changes their profile photo for the first time
  • When someone changes the cover photo for the first time
  • When someone completes the profile (you define which fields must be filled in)
  • When logging in on a specific date, such as the website's anniversary date, or even logging in on your birthday.
  • When receiving a certain position, such as being added to a specific group (manually or automatically).

Resource Manager:
  • When someone posts a resource (or X resources)
  • When someone updates a resource (

It would also be cool to be able to organize Trophies by category. This way you could organize and view Trophies received for profile reasons, posts, topic creation, resources and others.

I loved the Trophy system. It's an excellent form of gamification and makes using forums a much more fun experience!

EDIT: In addition, will be nice a type of progress bar for the trophies. An additional resource to help user to see their progress.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
Top Bottom