[TRN] Clean and Simple Thread Lists

[TRN] Clean and Simple Thread Lists 2.8.0

No permission to download
Brillant add-on!

Just installed this on local install xF 1.3x and seems to be running fine. Anyone have any issues running this on below xF 1.5?

Q,...

I am fiddling with css to remove the thread starter date after the username with,...
Code:
.discussionListItem .startDate {
display: none;
}

But also removes the last poster date below the thread title, as well as removes the extra text "By " in front of first poster username.

Not desired.

Does anyone have any css tricks?

Or as additional q, how can I not show the last poster name at all, but still show the first poster with no date?

Going for an even cleaner look niw. ;)

Ok, I put the above css into the product extra css template, and it stopped removing the "By" text in front of the thread starter name.

Desirable.

Just to finish it off, it disappears with this edit and I need it back you know where it also says "(no replies)" (which also disappears), where can I edit to add "Last reply by" right before the username.

I can live without the last poster postdate, although it certainly would be nice to have that back.

Last edited:
Been using this for a while but I've been alerted that thread view counts are not shown with this add-on..

Is there a way to resolve that?

Ok, I put the above css into the product extra css template, and it stopped removing the "By" text in front of the thread starter name.

Desirable.

Just to finish it off, it disappears with this edit and I need it back you know where it also says "(no replies)" (which also disappears), where can I edit to add "Last reply by" right before the username.

I can live without the last poster postdate, although it certainly would be nice to have that back.

When You start working with custom CSS modifications I recommend using a good tool like Firefox "DOM and style inspector". There is one for Chrome as well. Then You can inspect the style elements and making modifications on the fly to see the results immediately. If You set a parent element to "display: none;" it will also apply to all it's child elements.

how can I not show the last poster name at all, but still show the first poster with no date

To show the first poster without the date, have a look at the inspector:

Untitled.webp

As You see the date has it's own class name (startDate) which you can hide if You wish.

Sorry that it's a little bit off topic and beyond the scope of the add-on but I hope that helps you a bit.

Cheers!

Reactions: CTS
thank you for this add-on. I have a dark theme and the separator line between the discussions is very 'bright'. How do I use a more subtle color?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 8.56.59 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 8.56.59 PM.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 7
thank you for this add-on. I have a dark theme and the separator line between the discussions is very 'bright'. How do I use a more subtle color?

You can create a template modification for fgx_cstl.css

find:
Code:
border-bottom: 2px solid #d7edfc;
replace:
Code:
border-bottom: 2px solid #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;
Replace XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX with the color of your choise.

that worked great, thank you!
One more question, is it possible to make the avatars larger on the discussion list page?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.35.47 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.35.47 AM.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 5
that worked great, thank you!
One more question, is it possible to make the avatars larger on the discussion list page?

Not easily. Using the object inspector in your browser, open the image only. Then You can see how large it is. Enlarging it wouldn't look nice.

Top Bottom