[TRN] Clean and Simple Thread Lists

[TRN] Clean and Simple Thread Lists 2.8.0

No permission to download

farang

farang submitted a new resource:

[fgX] Clutter Cleaner - Keeps the GUI simple and clean by removing unnecessary elements

(Edit: This add-on has now been rewritten and renamed to [fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists)

A good forum software like XenForo must provide lots of features to the users. But have You ever given a thought to how many of your forum visitors that for example are using many of these functions? Probably very few... The numbers of users that are actually even aware that they can sort the discussion listings in various ways are very few.

In contrast to other add-ons, this add-on will not add new features. It aims to remove or hide features that are seldom used in favor for a simpler...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Interesting. Any plans to make this selectable by usergroup? I'd think it would be perfect to have it enabled for registered users or newbie users, but not have it enabled for premium or long-term users.

It's worth pointing out that this approach:
The thread_list_item template is replaced by fgx_thread_list_item
Will prevent other add-ons which apply template modifications to the thread_list_item template from working.

Will prevent other add-ons which apply template modifications to the thread_list_item template from working.

For example the All Rich Usernames addon by Liam W.

Yes as this add-on replaces the thread_list_item template instead of trying to alter it. I might have a look later if I can make this add-on co-exist with other add-ons that alters that template. Meanwhile, I'll add a comment in the add-on description. ;)

markup moves little bit if there are some soft deleted threads (looks horrible if it's stocky soft deleted thread in the list )

Yes as this add-on replaces the thread_list_item template instead of trying to alter it. I might have a look later if I can make this add-on co-exist with other add-ons that alters that template. Meanwhile, I'll add a comment in the add-on description. ;)
Would it not be viable to alter thread_list_item through the template modification system thereby negating the need for a separate new template? This would seem to be the more practicalsolution.

markup moves little bit if there are some soft deleted threads (looks horrible if it's stocky soft deleted thread in the list )

I'll have a look into that.

Would it not be viable to alter thread_list_item through the template modification system thereby negating the need for a separate new template? This would seem to be the more practicalsolution.

I've been giving that a thought myself yesterday. It might be done using a couple of template modifications. I'll check it out. Thanks!

farang updated [fgX] Clutter Cleaner with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

(Edit: This add-on has now been rewritten and renamed to [fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists)

New features in version 1.1.0
  • This add-on now has its own option group in Admin Control Panel.
Fixed in version 1.1.0
  • Rather than replacing the whole template thread_list_item, this add-on now uses template modifications. This approach will bring better compatibility with other add-ons.
  • When soft deleted list items are displayed, the "view" and "change" links are now properly right adjusted.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
A new version 1.1.0 is uploaded. I hope it will allow better compatibility with other add-ons. In case there should be any issues with the new version, I'd like to say that for personal reasons, I will be unable to do something about it for 2-3 weeks. So if You get any problems with it, please just disable it and wait for my return. Thanks! ;)

This addon also prevents the avatars from working on the thread_list with flateawesome plus theme. I had to disable the addon

This addon also prevents the avatars from working on the thread_list with flateawesome plus theme. I had to disable the addon
It also doesn't work with Fusion Gamer. Rounded avatars of course don't work either.

I only like the thread header removal feature. I deleted everything else in the xml file.

It also doesn't work with Fusion Gamer. Rounded avatars of course don't work either.

I only like the thread header removal feature. I deleted everything else in the xml file.

same here...

I have similar issues with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-image.2642/
Images Dont show when this addon is enabled.

+1 The issue with the avatars is confirmed, I'm also waiting the fix.

I'll be back home again on Monday, jetlagged probably but I ensure you that I will try to fix these issues with the highest priority. ;-)

Top Bottom