XF 2.0 Transfering users to 2.0

jordiee

Hello everyone

I wanted to know how (if its possible), to merge all of my users without normally upgrading through Xenforo, I have installed XF 2.0 on my new board location (/forums) and I don't want to just upgrade since I have alot of addons and such on my previous install which are not all up to date with 2.0, I am slowing updating on my 2.0 board with new themes and addons and such but I don't want my users to have to all re-register.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan.

No, that's not possible.

The recommended path would be to uninstall anything you don't want in the existing 1.5 installation, then upgrade to XF2.

Such a process will cause data loss because if certain add-ons have written data then that data wouldn't get imported. So if you're actually just wanting to upgrade and then re-implement those add-ons at a later date and pick up where you left off then the below process is not recommended. XF2 will automatically disable any add-ons and the process should generally be smooth.

However, if you do want a clean start, and uninstalling stuff isn't going to work for you, then the way to do it at this stage is actually via XF 1.5.

You would create a new XF 1.5 installation then you would import your existing board into that using the XF 1.5 to XF 1.5 importer.

Once that has been done, you would then upgrade that imported XF 1.5 installation to XF 2.0. That would bring across all of the content but none of the add-on data.

There is actually an XF 2.0 to XF 2.0 importer in XF 2.0. You could try this. That would involve just upgrading your current installation to XF 2.0 and then importing into a clean XF 2.0 installation. The importer code in XF 2.0 is fairly new though so be prepared to hit some snags.

Top Bottom