XF 1.4 Transfering to new server

Hey everyone,
I am a bit of a noob. I am looking to transfer the website and mysql database to a new server. I am aware of how to transfer the mysql database but not xenforo. Firstly, what is the easiest way to transfer the files across and second how do i change the database settings, I had a look around but couldnt find them anywhere. Thanks for all your help.

Do you have cPanel on both servers? You can do a cpanel - cpanel transfer. If you have root access to both servers you could just compress your files, use SCP to send it to the new server and extract it.

Do you have cPanel on both servers? You can do a cpanel - cpanel transfer. If you have root access to both servers you could just compress your files, use SCP to send it to the new server and extract it.
no im using phpmyadmin. Im just planning to export and import the databases. But im not sure how to change the databases in the xenforo settings as it will be a new database user. And im not sure how and which files i need to transfer into the new server via filetransfer.

This depends how you have access to the server.
Root = SCP copy
Ftp = download to your desktop and upload on the new server.

For DB if you use phpmyadmin only you must export the old one to your desktop and import at the new one.

It's hard to help you as you never answered our questions about what OS your using and if you have root access.
sorry, im using a shared hosting atm, moving to a dedicated. I have access to all my files on the server and my user has fully perms for my files (not root though). I am not sure what the shared host is using but i will be converting to linux centos 6.6 as i know a little bit about it.

sorry, im using a shared hosting atm, moving to a dedicated. I have access to all my files on the server and my user has fully perms for my files (not root though). I am not sure what the shared host is using but i will be converting to linux centos 6.6 as i know a little bit about it.

Do you have SSH access with the shared host? If not you'll need to download your site to your desktop.

my last server they were in the 'public_html' directory but that is not in the new one on a LAMP setup. i put the files in the '/var/www/html' and the front page loads but when i try to go anyways else i get errors like this 'The requested URL /forums/ was not found on this server.'

Top Bottom