1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPU: Show Warning when bumping Old Threads 1.0.2

Display a warning when trying to bump an old thread

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Well-Known Member

W1zzard submitted a new resource:

TPU: Show Warning for Old Threads - Display a warning when trying to bump an old thread

Read more about this resource...
  2. Deriel

Deriel Well-Known Member

Nice one! Installed!

But it's possible to change the hard coded phrases? I need to translate to Portuguese and have some words in Listener and DiscussionMessagePost hardcoded in english (for now, I changed the source)
  3. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@W1zzard In _checkMessageValidity, there is no call to the parent version.

Also, there is a theming issue on dark themes due to the lack of colour on the text next to the checkbox.

Major issue is the use of template hooks and regex to detect & insert the template. This is causing some timeout of sufficiently long threads.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  4. W1zzard

Xon and Deriel like this.
  5. W1zzard

Xon likes this.
  6. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Hello, it seems that a phrase is hard coded maybe. Look here

Schermata 2015-12-31 alle 14.31.57.png

As you can see the word years remain in english. Where can I translate it? Tried to search for it with not results...
  7. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Nevermind, found the phrase...
  8. VGWoody

VGWoody Member

I have the option set to 30 days, but it appears that it does not calculate it correctly.

"This thread is more than 3 years old"

9. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

It is showing that the thread itself is over 3 years old, not showing how many days is considered a thread bump.
  10. VGWoody

VGWoody Member

Oh my apologies. I didn't realize it was calculating the time from the thread date.

Carry on :)
    Xon likes this.
  11. TheHeew

TheHeew Member

12. Arno Nühm

Arno Nühm Active Member

Hmmm, I installed it but I can send my post even without activating the checkbox?

Did I miss any setting?
  13. rogerl

rogerl Member

That is what I see too with a new install on XF 1.4.7
  14. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

I've got this addon installed under XF 1.4.7, and it is working as expected. Is the warning banner below the reply-box showing up?

Also, how old is the last post and what setting do you have the warning configured to trigger at.
  15. W1zzard

Just upgraded my forum, and that's exactly what I'm seeing. It's working perfectly.
    Xon likes this.
  16. MarcoB

MarcoB Member

Despite the big warning notice, we still get new members necro-ing old (3+ years!) threads :(

Would it be possible to prevent new members from posting to old threads at all?

i.e. deny the ability to reply to the thread if they are a member of a particular group / only allow members of particular groups to reply to old threads?

17. rogerl

rogerl Member

Reply box shows up fine, as does the banner. But if you don't check the box you can still use the post reply button to make the reply.
  18. W1zzard

works for me, in full reply mode too
    Xon likes this.
  19. rogerl

rogerl Member

I am wondering if this is dependent on the browser used? I will re-install and have a play.
  20. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Members can reply even if it's not checked... v1.5