TPU: Add Signature Pictures

TPU: Add Signature Pictures 1.0.0

No permission to download

W1zzard

W1zzard submitted a new resource:

TPU: Add Signature Pictures (BETA) - Lets users upload images to use in their signature, like on vBulletin.

Users can upload signature pictures to the forum, which are checked against an admin configurable size and width/height limit.

If users use IMG to link to external images in their signature, the images could be any height, or any filesize which might disrupt other user's browsing experience.

This mod adds 1 field to the xf_user table, uploaded sigs are put in data/sigpics/, similar to how avatars are stored.

BETA: Please use at your own risk. I'm using it in production without any issues so...

Read more about this resource...

Does anyone know how to get the posting user's data when rendering a signature below a post? (not XenForo_Visitor). Right now I'm putting the user's Id between sigpic tags, but ideally this addon should work without.

Is it possible to give permissions? I mean.....I just want a real close [group] of people give rights to upload a visual + link in their signature.

Thanks

Can you please add:
  • Minimum post count
  • Minimum registered days
  • Minimum Like Count (maybe) :)
settings/option to set?

Seems there is very little interest for this addon, so not very motivated to invest time for user requests.
If I make any changes to the plugin on my own forum, I'll update the release here of course.
Also I'll happily accept code submissions from users to update the plugin.

Reactions: rdn
The only real major improvement I can think of would be usergroup permissions, so I can reward those who donate to our site with larger image sigs, etc. Maybe the ability to limit the image type (gif, jpg png). Great work so far!

I got this:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'sigpic_date'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in TPUSigPic/Listener.php at line 8
  4. TPUSigPic_Listener::install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 36
  8. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /admin.php at line 13

I think, I already installed this before, then removed.
Now when trying to install again, receive that error.

Hmm... this error means that the column the addon puts in the database wasn't removed properly when you uninstalled. normally the addon should remove its column automatically on uninstall.

You can manually remove the column sigpic_date from the table xf_user (ALTER TABLE xf_user DROP sigpic_date) or edit listener.php in the addon, remove the query statement from the install function in that file.

I'll try to reproduce and release a fixed version (not very soon, a bit busy atm)

Hmm... this error means that the column the addon puts in the database wasn't removed properly when you uninstalled. normally the addon should remove its column automatically on uninstall.

You can manually remove the column sigpic_date from the table xf_user (ALTER TABLE xf_user DROP sigpic_date) or edit listener.php in the addon, remove the query statement from the install function in that file.

I'll try to reproduce and release a fixed version (not very soon, a bit busy atm)
I un-install it then install, fixed.

Should I enable Image on Usergroup permission for this to work?
Here's my current settings.
upload_2014-1-10_23-18-21.webp
After putting [sigpic][/sigpic] on the signature editor, then saved doesn't work.
I try to reload the page, and the bb code inserted is gone, so maybe is filtered?

I'm using memcache, ngx_pagespeed, apc on my Forum.
Maybe my first 5 attempt on saving the Signature Editor didn't work.
[sigpic][/sigpic] disappear when I reload the page.

I tried as many times, then it saves now.
Work as expected.

I'm curious as to what is the reason it didn't save on my first few attempt?
Maybe caching cause it?

Great feedback. Thanks!

Can you check if disabling apc/memcache/parse cache helps?

I'm using memcached myself and haven't been seeing that issue.

Top Bottom