TPU: Add Signature Pictures

TPU: Add Signature Pictures 1.0.0

No permission to download
I'm worried I cannot test by disabling my cache mechanism for now.
I'm using APC and Memcache on Nginx.

Please add a new feature similar to avatar, that admin can delete/replace on admin page. :)
just edit the user's signature from admincp and remove the sigpic tag. this will not delete the sigpic file itself, which shouldn't be an issue.

just edit the user's signature from admincp and remove the sigpic tag. this will not delete the sigpic file itself, which shouldn't be an issue.
Yes, I would a feature that we can delete a signature pic on the admin page also.

My registered group's signature picture is not working.
But it works on my other custom user groups/admin/moderator.
I have already set signature picture on usergroup permission to yes.

Example this user: https://www.phcorner.net/members/henji.49259/#info
His signature is working fine on profile page
But not working on threads: https://www.phcorner.net/posts/445303/

Why?

Another thing I suspect is that user has secondary user group but all set to inherit.
I also tried setting up signature picture to yes, still didn't fix it.

Ow, I forgot signature is hidden for Guest.
So if you login, this is the thing show's on their signature:
1379-1389590126-c71e696f0cb9347fdca603102f1a2ae1.jpg

Any chance the user put the wrong userid in the sigpic code?
Ow, I forgot signature is hidden for Guest.
So if you login, this is the thing show's on their signature:
you mean if you don't login it shows the sigpic tags?

edit: works for me, on your forum

Reactions: rdn
you mean if you don't login it shows the sigpic tags?
No, Signature is hidden for the guest.
Last few hours when I view their signature under their post, Signature Image doesn't show instead just the [sigpic] code.
I checked, It's ID is also correct.

They were using it yesterday and I disbale it due to the previous problem.

Then After updating to version 1.0.0, seems fine so I enable it again earlier today.
But my problem seems to be working fine now, after they login their account, wierd :D

So you tested on my Forum yourself? Thanks a lot!
Maybe my caching is causing this, I really don't have idea :)

No idea either, but good to hear that it works now.

Do you have any kind of special caching installed? Or just standard XenForo MemCached or APC ?

This:
  • Nginx basic cache
  • Apc
  • Memcached

I already removed my ngx_pagespeed yesterday.

I'll report here once I/we encounter some weird issue again :)

@W1zzard Still we're experiencing the same issue.
You may see it here and on the last page of the thread, 2 user's reported that they are seeing their signature on other member's but not displaying on them.

On the signature settings page, this is currently shown:
upload_2014-1-14_11-53-55.webp

Why not just display on that page the current ID of the user?
Is it that hard to implement?
Sample:
upload_2014-1-14_11-55-3.webp

Attachments

• upload_2014-1-14_11-54-48.webp
    upload_2014-1-14_11-54-48.webp
    3 KB · Views: 1
No need for users to enter their user id, the addon will put the correct user id into the sigpic tag. This avoids that users put the wrong userid.

The user id is needed in the first place, because I couldn't figure out how to get the signature's owner when rendering a signature.

BUG report:

I just performed a vB 3.8 > XF conversion this week...7m posts, 500k threads, etc. My Supporting Vendors (~80) had the sigpic/sigpic in use, wrapped with url/url code.

Most of them have not uploaded their own unique sigpic with your plugin, but the sigpic/sigpic code carried over from vB. IF another Vendor on the same page of posts has their sigpic number in place, it duplicates into those with no number in between the ][ brackets. Vendor A has their sigpic in place, and Vendor B and C now have Vendor A's pic in their sig line :)

A null response with the sigpic/sigpic code creates an issue...I'm going to thru and clean up those 80 sig lines, but it might be worth exploring options to avoid that automatically within the plugin.

Thanks for creating this, it was a MUST for my Vendors. (and something I had forgotten about entirely until AFTER the import this week!)

(this is related to the @RoldanLT above)

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom