too restrictive for non active license holders

Vincent Gabriel

Hi,

I think i had a discussion about this before but i am not an active license holder, i am working with various clients who some use XenForo as their forum software, they do have an active license but in some cases they either don't add me to their license or forget to do so.

If you notice i did have access before, since one of them added me (i am now back working with that client and should be added to their license again so i can have access to the resources and have more privileges posting through out the forum), but my question is why this is so restrictive, i understand is to minimize the privacy but the restrictions should be lowered to users who actually contribute to the community for example i've been active by submitting resources, answering questions throughout the forum (using this profile: https://xenforo.com/community/members/vincent-gabriel.64462/ not sure what happened why this got split into two profiles), but yet now that i am not under an active license i can't even answer to my own resources threads or throughout the discussion forums.

Again, i am not sure if this will go in a different route unlike the previous thread i created for the same reason (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-developer-access.66335/) but was hoping something can be done to actually help and support the developer community here even though they might not have an active license.

Working on some new helpful things and would like to get some help on certain things as well as feedback.

Thank You.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.02.43 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 3.02.43 PM.webp
    70.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.12.36 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.12.36 PM.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.13.25 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.13.25 PM.webp
    170.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.15.32 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.15.32 PM.webp
    104.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 12.36.45 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 12.36.45 PM.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 25
We're not unreasonably restrictive, and there are mechanisms in place to allow non-licensed customers to receive support for the product on behalf of other paying customers.

It's not reasonable for us to allow non-licensed users to get support without that association when licensed customers have paid for that benefit.

But all this is a rather moot point seeing as you apparently have two accounts and one of those is associated with a license and is therefore covered.

Ultimately it seems you are currently logged into the wrong account and the simple solution is you will need to log into the correct account. We should also look at merging the two accounts together to prevent the confusion again in future.

Contact a member of staff should you wish to do this.

Hey Chris,

Thank You, i understand that. with that being said, i think developers who contribute back to the community should have the ability to at least post resources and participate in the development discussions.

Regarding the other account, i'd love if you could possibly merge the accounts, i am not even sure what email address that account uses since my primary and only email i have is used on this account. Should i PM someone regarding this?

Thanks again.

I think they were, but the resource count was wrong, I have just fixed that for you.

Thank You, i understand that. with that being said, i think developers who contribute back to the community should have the ability to at least post resources and participate in the development discussions.

But how would someone develop resources for XenForo if they don't have a license?

I think they were, but the resource count was wrong, I have just fixed that for you.

We reported this as a bug recently ;)

For example, me and another developer work for a client, the client has a license we don't. we just work as contractors for him. He added me as user under his client, but you get the idea of how developers work on the forum they might not even hold a license for.

Top Bottom