1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Spam Management too restrictive?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by sylvain, Feb 11, 2014.

1. sylvain

sylvain Active Member

I run XF 1.2.4 and I use the Spam Management function that I really like. However, is this possible that the default settings are a bit too restrictive?

When I look at the account that are waiting confirmation, there are many that seem legit to me.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The system will need to be fine tuned to your specific needs. The defaults work to catch many of the spammers, but if you feel it is catching too many false positives, you should loosen the restrictions.
  3. sylvain

sylvain Active Member

Here's my settings, how can I soften them? What parameters should I change? I'm not very familiar with antispam things....

4. trizz

trizz Active Member

id be curious to see a user that you think is legit that has been caught by the above SFS settings.
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can increase the number of flags required to match before moderation occurs.

I've had several on my site.
  6. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

How? and what fields for example?
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are only a few fields.
    Experiment with the values until you strike a balance which suits your site.
  8. sylvain

sylvain Active Member

The problem is if I loosen the restrictions too much few spammers will register.

I'll try few things and see