Too Hot!

Amaury

upload_2014-7-7_15-14-10.webp

Thankfully, I'm inside all day with our heat pump on cool mode set at 72 degrees, but I had to get my mom earlier for lunch, and it must have been about 120 degrees inside the car when I first got in.

In some summers, it's gotten to around 105 degrees here.

How do you cope with that kind of weather?

We have air-conditioning almost everywhere. People who work outside are the ones who suffer the most.
Plus we have Ramadan this month and so we are not allowed to carry or drink water in public. That makes it even more difficult.

We have air-conditioning almost everywhere. People who work outside are the ones who suffer the most.
Plus we have Ramadan this month and so we are not allowed to carry or drink water in public. That makes it even more difficult.

Ramadan?

Are you muslim, or is it because you're in Dubai and simply respecting Ramadan? I ask only because I saw you have a Christian forum in your signature and seeing you mention Ramadan and then seeing the Christian forum link threw me lol :)

Are you muslim, or is it because you're in Dubai and simply respecting Ramadan? I ask only because I saw you have a Christian forum in your signature and seeing you mention Ramadan and then seeing the Christian forum link threw me lol :)
Afaik, within UAE, it's illegal for an adult to eat, drink or smoke (or have sex) in public during daylight hours.

I am a Christian and I don't need to fast. But like @Null explained, we are not allowed to eat or drink in public during the day. It's harder when Ramadan falls on summers.

Heh.. I kinda like to think having sex in public shouldn't be allowed in any country :D...not something I want to walk down a street and see hehehehe

I can agree with that, definitely, but going all day without eating and drinking is just too much, personally. You can easily get dehydrated in this hot weather if you're working outside and pass out... or worse.

My aunt was working on getting rid of noxious weeds a while ago, and when she stopped for a break, about 45 minutes later she fainted because her body was used to the going back and forth of killing weeds. It's pretty similar to how when alcoholics stop drinking, they get sick.

Come to Ballarat, Australia.
We just had our coldest day here. It snowed for an hour then it stopped and it's started again.
It's about 0.5c here.
It's sleeting.
IMG_0528[1].webp

Top Bottom