1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too Hot!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amaury, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

2. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Come to Texas. I could only pray for cool weather like 91 lol
    Tracy Perry likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Thankfully, I'm inside all day with our heat pump on cool mode set at 72 degrees, but I had to get my mom earlier for lunch, and it must have been about 120 degrees inside the car when I first got in.

In some summers, it's gotten to around 105 degrees here.
  4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Born and raised there and I do not miss the heat + humidity one bit :D.
    dawg likes this.
  5. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

I would do anything for mild summers where the temperature is 90-105.
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

What about those 'skeeters. I swear they are building aircraft carriers for them to land on on the waterways.
  7. dulichbun

dulichbun New Member

91 @ @!, The temperature is too hot, not sure Celsius degrees F
  8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It's degrees Fahrenheit.
  9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  10. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Officially 40C or 104F here in Dubai but it feels much higher than that.
  11. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

How do you cope with that kind of weather?
  12. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

We have air-conditioning almost everywhere. People who work outside are the ones who suffer the most.
    Plus we have Ramadan this month and so we are not allowed to carry or drink water in public. That makes it even more difficult.
    Pereira likes this.
  13. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

14. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Are you muslim, or is it because you're in Dubai and simply respecting Ramadan? I ask only because I saw you have a Christian forum in your signature and seeing you mention Ramadan and then seeing the Christian forum link threw me lol :)
  15. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Afaik, within UAE, it's illegal for an adult to eat, drink or smoke (or have sex) in public during daylight hours.
    Jeffin likes this.
  16. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

I am a Christian and I don't need to fast. But like @Null explained, we are not allowed to eat or drink in public during the day. It's harder when Ramadan falls on summers.
    Lisa likes this.
  17. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Heh.. I kinda like to think having sex in public shouldn't be allowed in any country :D...not something I want to walk down a street and see hehehehe
    Jeffin and wedgar like this.
  18. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I can agree with that, definitely, but going all day without eating and drinking is just too much, personally. You can easily get dehydrated in this hot weather if you're working outside and pass out... or worse.

My aunt was working on getting rid of noxious weeds a while ago, and when she stopped for a break, about 45 minutes later she fainted because her body was used to the going back and forth of killing weeds. It's pretty similar to how when alcoholics stop drinking, they get sick.
  19. Come to Ballarat, Australia.
    We just had our coldest day here. It snowed for an hour then it stopped and it's started again.
    It's about 0.5c here.
    It's sleeting.
  20. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

It's boiling here in England :( I hate this extreme heat!!! :p
    Screenshot 2014-08-01 14.49.16.png