As designed Toggle BB code button issue with different editor instances

Siropu

Affected version
Beta 7
If in a editor instance you remove the "Toggle BB code" button from the editor and in a different editor instance you use it and leave it on, in the editor that doesn't have the button, you can't toggle back.

The toggle preference is a global preference for all RTE editors, so this is expected.

Removing the button conditionally isn't really a use case we're trying to cover.

No problem. This seem to do the trick:
JavaScript:
if (!XF.isEditorEnabled())
                {
                    XF.setIsEditorEnabled(true);
                }

I understand that, but I believe that users don't leave that button on by choice. Who edits BB code manually? Personally, I think that the button toggle shouldn't maintain its state between page refreshes as it can become confusing for inexperienced users when they end up on the next page with the editor disabled.

Is it possible to disable the BB code toggle? I agree that no one really uses this now and it's not good for people that have never used forums.

Where would I put this code?

Personally, I think that the button toggle shouldn't maintain its state between page refreshes [...]
The editor maintaining its mode after refreshing the page is an essential feature for us. We do a lot of work in the plain text editor. The latter defaulting to the RTE mode after each page refresh would be a painful handicap for us.

Top Bottom