• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

to woltlab burning board users

majdi

hello,

I have used wbb for almost three years, i used vb and ipb too and IMHO wbb is by far the greatest forum script out there.
i noticed a dozen of wbb users here and im curious about what brings them to xf, are they planning to convert? what are their thoughts on xenforo?
your opinions are interesting -at least to me- because they are coming from the users of the best script available to date ;)

Green Cat

Never used wbb before, by curiosity what distinguishes it so much from the rest as to be "by far the greatest forum script out there" ?

Walter

TBH, I never liked the look & feel of Woltlab. As a user I always found IPB ok but never got used to Burning Board forums.

GameR

Hey, i work little time as trainee for woltlab, but now... Only for use a forum, the wbb is really good. But i do not like do programming for this. Is complex and important documentations are missing, a good dev-mode too.

Live changes by developing? No.
Easy to create XML-Files from data in the WCF... no write all xmls-files per hand... ;)

WBB and the WCF is good, but documentation are not exists and you must write all "package" files per hand, you cant export it from the wcf...

majdi

except for the lack of documentation (and english support) wbb is the best script out there (from an admin angle), don't you agree with me?

I liked wbb 2 alot. it was cheap, had a great mod community.When i started to earn money i switched to vb and never looked back. But I do not like the look and feel of wbb3

Alluidh

except for the lack of documentation (and english support) wbb is the best script out there (from an admin angle), don't you agree with me?
I disagree completely - wbb3 is one of the inflexible piece of software i've ever saw

Im using WBB often for my german Communities because it fits to the german way of communicating in a forum. xenForo rocks cause it gots so many really nice little features like the timestamps, the easy like Feature, the "PopUps", the way of getting through the Menus and so on.

I think xenForo will be very great and also i think ill convert two or three of my communities later ;)