To Name with Phrases

KiF

Hi. Thank you for the best forum software ever.
Is it possible to name Categories and Forums with PHRASES, so in different languages it had its own translation?

That is not directly supported. But theoretically you could manually create phrases using node_ids in the phrase names, then edit the HTML templates to call on xen:phrase and use the variable containing the node_id in the name of the phrase. But this will require lots of manual edits.

Has the team considered making it possible to use phrases for node titles and descriptions? I'm sure there wouldn't be a ton of people using said feature, but it would be rather helpful for the people that are running forums with people that speak different languages. Would allow forum owners to easily make nodes titles and descriptions display in the correct language depending on what the user has selected.

@Jake Bunce
That is not directly supported. But theoretically you could manually create phrases using node_ids in the phrase names, then edit the HTML templates to call on xen:phrase and use the variable containing the node_id in the name of the phrase. But this will require lots of manual edits.

How i have to do this?

My node id is 200 and its a page node.

My Phrase:
Title: $page.node_id == 200
Phrase content: XYZ

And than ? Or is this above also the wrong way? :unsure:

Top Bottom