Resource icon

[tl] Threads, posts and conversations per page [Paid] 2.0.4

No permission to buy ($18.00)

truonglv

truonglv submitted a new resource:

[tl] Threads, posts and conversations per page - Allow user set custom threads, posts and conversations per page

Description: Allow user set custom threads, posts and conversations per page

Options:
  • Set number of values threads per page
  • Set number of values posts per page
  • Set number of values conversations per page
  • Set number of values conversation messages per page
Permissions:
  • Allow user can set custom threads per page
  • Allow user can set custom posts per page
  • Allow user can set custom conversations per page
  • Allow user can set custom conversation...

Read more about this resource...

idk how hard it would be to do......but i was just thinking it would be really cool is users could set how many posts per page....on a per thread basis....

some threads have more images so less posts per page is best.....but for more discussion based more posts per page is better...

I would like to the a usergroup option. I would like to set different defaults for registered users and guests.

idk how hard it would be to do......but i was just thinking it would be really cool is users could set how many posts per page....on a per thread basis....

some threads have more images so less posts per page is best.....but for more discussion based more posts per page is better...
That's not really hard but i am not sure it's useful.

I would like to the a usergroup option. I would like to set different defaults for registered users and guests.
Good idea. I will consider that.

....even on a "per forum" basis really would be good enough.....just one setting site wide is too restrictive...some forums we have its best for 20-25posts per page, some really cant handle more than 7 so for us it is a big deal.

....even on a "per forum" basis really would be good enough.....just one setting site wide is too restrictive...some forums we have its best for 20-25posts per page, some really cant handle more than 7 so for us it is a big deal.
Is it for default?

After using this in testing for a little while i wonder if you can add one thing....

This will allow setting globally site wide...but it overwrites all previous "per thread" settings which is bad...

Also..

It will currently allow "per thread" and global nuke master switch only....nothing in between.....it could help a lot to set "per forum" or even "per category"....but it has to respect custom settings if changed...

So, if the master setting is changed it should respect existing custom settings. i.e. Apply the setting only to every forum/thread not previously specified.

thank you, it is a nice tool just a little awkward in this way...

After using this in testing for a little while i wonder if you can add one thing....

This will allow setting globally site wide...but it overwrites all previous "per thread" settings which is bad...

Also..

It will currently allow "per thread" and global nuke master switch only....nothing in between.....it could help a lot to set "per forum" or even "per category"....but it has to respect custom settings if changed...

So, if the master setting is changed it should respect existing custom settings. i.e. Apply the setting only to every forum/thread not previously specified.

thank you, it is a nice tool just a little awkward in this way...
I may not understand correctly. But the currently it's work as: Per thread < Per Forum < Default System.

To test this i did:

1. make some "per thread settings" in topics in different places.
  2. go to another forum, make a different setting and click the box "apply to all same areas"
  3. go back again to check those other settings and everywhere it is only the new setting.
what i see, "per forum" is only the choice for how many threads per page to show....not how many posts to show in those threads...

i suggest a second checkbox option for the "per thread" popup.
  1. The global option you already made.
  2. "Apply to all threads in this forum only"
then when members make the global setting, it should not overwrite custom settings...only apply to unset threads/forums...

see what i mean?
thank you

To test this i did:

1. make some "per thread settings" in topics in different places.
  2. go to another forum, make a different setting and click the box "apply to all same areas"
  3. go back again to check those other settings and everywhere it is only the new setting.
what i see, "per forum" is only the choice for how many threads per page to show....not how many posts to show in those threads...

i suggest a second checkbox option for the "per thread" popup.
  1. The global option you already made.
  2. "Apply to all threads in this forum only"
then when members make the global setting, it should not overwrite custom settings...only apply to unset threads/forums...

see what i mean?
thank you
Got it.

hello,
i have also noticed now a pagination issue where the pagination remains to the default....

meaning..

if there are 100 pages of a topic, and you change the posts per page to half....there will be 200 pages, but the pagination on thread list page will still only show 100.....then when you click that...it takes you to the middle of the topic instead of last post :/

hello, ive noticed the pagination fix does not apply on this widget

Is there a maximum number of threads/conversations per page one can set, either by this add-on or a limitation with the XenForo software? Could I have 500 threads/conversations on one page if I wanted?

Yep, there are. I'm wondering if there are limitations on the number (with XF or introduced by this add-on).

Is there a maximum number of threads/conversations per page one can set, either by this add-on or a limitation with the XenForo software? Could I have 500 threads/conversations on one page if I wanted?
Yes. It's possible.

hello, ive noticed the pagination fix does not apply on this widget
Is that new widget? So that's may not compatible together.

Top Bottom