Sendy Integration & Newsletters

Sendy Integration & Newsletters [Paid] 2023-08-10

No permission to buy ($50.00)
I have the feeling this is a very good addon. However I use Mailchimp. But if there would be a version for Mailchimp I would strongly consider it.

Request: Can you please add setup instructions for this addon? With a walkthrough on how to set up a campaign through the xenforo integration?

Or if they are somewhere and I missed it, can you please point me to them. This would be helpful for groups like us who are new to Sendy.

Assuming there are no instructions for this addon, can you please help and explain the following issues:

We have set up a Sendy Server via AWS - Tested, and it seems to work. Installed this addon, and it was clean with no errors.

Can you please explain what goes in the field: Sendy installation base URL?

Is it just the SendyURL?
Or is it the SendyURL/api/campaigns/create.php? as found on the Sendy API instruction page for campaign creation?
Or is it the SendyURL/subscribe to create a list via the API
Or some other URL on the Sendy server

Once the integration is set up correctly, and we create a Campaign in Xenforo (Communications/[tl] Sendy Integration: Campaigns), what should we expect to see in Sendy?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Can you please explain what goes in the field: Sendy installation base URL?

Is it just the SendyURL?
Or is it the SendyURL/api/campaigns/create.php? as found on the Sendy API instruction page for campaign creation?
Or is it the SendyURL/subscribe to create a list via the API
Or some other URL on the Sendy server

It's the base URL of your Sendy installation. For example, if you can view campaign reports at https://www.example.org/sendy/report?i=4&c=182 then the base URL is https://www.example.org/sendy/.

It's the base URL of your Sendy installation. For example, if you can view campaign reports at https://www.example.org/sendy/report?i=4&c=182 then the base URL is https://www.example.org/sendy/.
Ok, thank you, that was my guess, we did try them all. It looks like we have this set up properly. We will slowly try to find out what is not working.

Once working (it is still not for us), when creating a campaign in Xenforo, what does it do in Sendy?
  1. Create a List in Sendy?
  2. Create a Campaign in Sendy?
    1. If it creates a Campaign, how does it know what brand to put it under

We are also noticing the Subscribe (within Xenforo) button does not seem to work properly for people when they manually click in some cases.

Still, no idea how this integration is supposed to work...

I think we almost have this running.

It seems you create a list in Sendy - which creates a unique ID associated with that list.

You paste the unique ID into the Xenforo Campaign List ID and it starts syncing. We are now seeing people being added to the list.

Yay!

@rik quick question if you don't mind as you seem to be pretty knowledgable - how do we add names to the list in Sendy? All we are getting are the emails of the subscribers.

Thanks!

Okay, we have now gotten all this working, and I can confirm that this plugin works with Xenforo and Sendy.

@rik, thanks for the help earlier. Much appreciated.

@truonglv - write some installation documentation. You will likely sell more people on this add-on (we almost walked away from it because of the lack of documentation). If you need help with the documentation PM me.

Okay, we have now gotten all this working, and I can confirm that this plugin works with Xenforo and Sendy.

@rik, thanks for the help earlier. Much appreciated.

@truonglv - write some installation documentation. You will likely sell more people on this add-on (we almost walked away from it because of the lack of documentation). If you need help with the documentation PM me.
Sorry for the bad document here cause english is not my first language and I always try to give best documentation as possible.

Sorry for the bad document here cause english is not my first language and I always try to give best documentation as possible.
Happy to write installation instructions for you if you would like, just let me know. It is a good app but without install instructions, it can be pretty rough for people like us who have no experience with Sendy.

Top Bottom