Sendy Integration & Newsletters

Sendy Integration & Newsletters [Paid] 2023-08-10

No permission to buy ($50.00)
Ok so i will add option to pull subscription data from Sendy to XenForo.

Yes that would be great. Also add option to pull subscription data per pre-defined mailing list also as your old addon supported multiple lists.

Then something is missing because it is not.

How can i debug this?

I tried rebuilding the Sendy Cache but nothing happened. Users are registering and i still cannot see them in the specific sendy list.
Only users checked on subscription list and the user state must be valid. If user after registered under moderation, after be approve it's auto push to sendy with data they subscribed before.

@truonglv

Just installed latest Sendy and immediately disabled it as it filled my logs with thousands of the below errors. Even after disabling it I'm still getting a few hundred errors like the below every few hours. I couldn't find a cron specific to this so not sure what's going on there.. Looks like it's tied to the email bounce option.

I did a user cache rebuilt with option to import from Sendy also not sure if related.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: subscribed
src/addons/Truonglv/Sendy/Service/Subscription.php:46
Generated by: Unknown account
May 10, 2018 at 3:48 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/Sendy/Service/Subscription.php(46): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 46, Array)
#1 src/addons/Truonglv/Sendy/Job/EmailBounce.php(54): Truonglv\Sendy\Service\Subscription->checkEmailBouncing()
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): Truonglv\Sendy\Job\EmailBounce->run(7.9999990463257)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#5 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(71) "https://site.com/threads/ontario-cruise-nights.13546/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

A few issues:
0. It doesn't work... I have 3 lists setup. I click on all 3 + gdpr and nothing shows up on sendy. My subscription settings are not saved in XF. No errors. I have check the option to sync as soon as form is submitted and still it doesn't work via account->sendy.
1. If subscribe is enabled for registration page, I have a mandatory Accept GDPR policy checkbox. This should be an option in ACP (to show and not show). Also it should NOT be mandatory by default (should be optioned in ACP), some of us don't live or have users in the EU.
2. Wording says you must agree to GDPR policy but there's no link or page explaining what you agree to. Option is to add URL/page/link to policy.
3. In /account/sendy you again have a mandatory GDPR, it should be optioned like item 1 and 2 above

As a feature suggestion please add option to mass subscribe users to sendy as part of the user cache rebuild maybe. I assume Sendy will reject duplicates.

Last edited:

Thanks for the quick fixes.

I'm still having an issue though simply subscribing.

I have 3 lists defined, I used a test user on my board, manually unsubscribed myself from sendy just in case. I checked all 3 lists in XF, clicked save, no errors. I then go back to subscriptions and my preferences are not saved. Also no subscription in sendy which is a big issue. I have my option in ACP set to subscribe on form save.

I checked the access/error logs on the server and I don't see a post request for sendy so it's not even trying by the looks of it.

@truonglv

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick fixes.

I'm still having an issue though simply subscribing.

I have 3 lists defined, I used a test user on my board, manually unsubscribed myself from sendy just in case. I checked all 3 lists in XF, clicked save, no errors. I then go back to subscriptions and my preferences are not saved. Also no subscription in sendy which is a big issue. I have my option in ACP set to subscribe on form save.

I checked the access/error logs on the server and I don't see a post request for sendy so it's not even trying by the looks of it.

@truonglv
I have upload the patch fix this issues. Please download the newest version.

I have upload the patch fix this issues. Please download the newest version.

Thanks but still not working at all for me.

My subscription settings are not saved in XF (multiple lists) and no subscribe request from what I can tell.

Just to be sure I destroyed my existing lists in sendy, created only 1 list. I did a sync from sendy (rebuild cache) and checked option, I could see in the server logs lots of posts requests to /api/subscribers/subscription-status.php and my one test user was updated in XF as subscribed. However after that checking/unchecking my test user in XF does not create a sendy request and profile isn't updated in XF.

Last edited:
Top Bottom