[TJA] Create Thread Icon [Deleted]

TJA

TJA submitted a new resource:

[TJA] Create Thread Icon - Adds a create thread icon before or after the node title

This add-on will add an FA Icon before or after the node title to quickly create a thread from your forum homepage. This add-on will recognise usergroup permissions for Posting a New thread and will only display on the node title for those users who have permission to post a new thread.

View attachment 110689 View attachment 110691

Instructions
  • Upload contents of the 'upload' folder*
  • Install the xml
  • Set your options in the Style...

Read more about this resource...

It's more on the frontpage i have a Category "Help" (where you can't create threads) with 3 sub-nodes inside where i want them to create threads on. That won't work on the frontpage then?
If I'm getting this right you have something similar to this with 3 sub forums, but the 'Help' forum doesn't allow new threads to be created, but the sub forums do.
upload_2015-7-9_13-34-59.webp

upload_2015-7-9_13-36-27.webp

So the answer to your question is, yes the icon will show for those sub forums as it checks the canPostThread permission.

Yeah that was what i wondered. If on the forum the "Help" could have one of those icons but with the drop-down like the sub-forums to create a thread on Forum 1/2/3 without need to open the category :)

Yeah that was what i wondered. If on the forum the "Help" could have one of those icons but with the drop-down like the sub-forums to create a thread on Forum 1/2/3 without need to open the category :)
Right I'm with you, will certainly look into it.

Top Bottom