Title Permission Strings [Paid] [Deleted]

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Title Permission Strings - Thread access based on title tags... Hmmm.

This strangely useful add-on allows you to restrict access to threads based on substrings in the title...

These substrings are preceded by a +, and it uses the standard XF criteria system to determine access based on the substrings (which means criteria from other add-ons can be used!).

The strings are added in the AdminCP, with an error message (which can be localised - it's stored as a phrase).

You can demo the add-on here - I've created a few test threads in the...

Read more about this resource...

@Liam W

Neat! A few questions before I purchase.

- Are there permissions for who can use the strings in their posts?

"You do not have permission to use title permission strings in this forum. Please remove the permission string from the title before saving."

I configure it to 10posts (Content and Achievements: User has posted at least X messages: 10) and select the forum at "Applicable Nodes:"

What I'm doing wrong?

"You do not have permission to use title permission strings in this forum. Please remove the permission string from the title before saving."

I configure it to 10posts (Content and Achievements: User has posted at least X messages: 10) and select the forum at "Applicable Nodes:"

What I'm doing wrong?

Have you granted the user group permission?

Liam

@Liam W
Is it possible for individual strings to have permissions on who can use them? Ex, +staff can only be set by staff?

We will have a version of this addon to XF2? One of the most used in my community...

Yeah, almost certainly. I've got a load of add-ons I made for XF1, and not as much time to convert them all to XF2 (and I've been taking a break from XF development as well).

This is one of the simpler add-ons, so I'll look at working on it tomorrow and over the weekend (after I've finished an assignment due on Sunday).

Liam

Yeah, almost certainly. I've got a load of add-ons I made for XF1, and not as much time to convert them all to XF2 (and I've been taking a break from XF development as well).

This is one of the simpler add-ons, so I'll look at working on it tomorrow and over the weekend (after I've finished an assignment due on Sunday).

Liam
Thanks Liam!

You'll take a break from XF development for good reason, I hope!

Best,
Vitor

Liam
I do not want to be pushing, just wondering if this will be available in xenforo 2 :)

Top Bottom