TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED)

TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED) 0.7.1

No permission to download
Hi Cedric
I would like to give this a try again and I very much appreciate the work you have done on it in fixing the issues for all XF users however I have one question that I hope you can answer for me.

In the addon details you say:
If you want to enable TinyMCE on mobile devices, you will need to have installed TMS.

and then say:
Use the Addon Installer OR upload files which are inside the "upload" directory of the archive to the XenForo directory.

I don't use the TMS addon so if I just manually upload the files like a normal addon, can I still use it for mobiles if I manually do the XF core file edit?

Hi Cedric
I would like to give this a try again and I very much appreciate the work you have done on it in fixing the issues for all XF users however I have one question that I hope you can answer for me.

In the addon details you say:
If you want to enable TinyMCE on mobile devices, you will need to have installed TMS.

and then say:
Use the Addon Installer OR upload files which are inside the "upload" directory of the archive to the XenForo directory.

I don't use the TMS addon so if I just manually upload the files like a normal addon, can I still use it for mobiles if I manually do the XF core file edit?
Both statements are totally disconnected. You need to have installed TMS and you can chose how to install this addon (with or without the auto installer).
You can find which templates modifications are made in the xml installer file and manually do these modifications if you know regex, but I don't support this.

Thanks Cedric...I don't use TMS and would prefer not to install it so looks like I won't be able to use your great addon

Thanks Cedric...I don't use TMS and would prefer not to install it so looks like I won't be able to use your great addon
  • I don't see this as an addon, but as a patch which I would like to see disappear as fast as possible. While some people are arguing like religious fanatics on which editor to use without understanding the XenForo editor implementation whereas it has been tried to explain them many times (it seems they don't read), it would be nice to ignore them and complete the parser to deliver an effective product.
  • So again, this extension is a patch. But TMS is a real addon and is the one who deserves the qualification of "great".
  • I've checked the modifications done by TMS, actually there's only one and the regex is executed only once in the template code. This modification allows users to select if they want or not to use the RTE editor (TinyMCE) on their mobile devices. I've attached here the code difference (provided by TMS) inside the template account_preferences:
    HTML:
        <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.tinymce_fix_mobile} == 'yes'"> 
            <xen:include template="tinyfix_mobile_user_option"></xen:include> 
        </xen:if>
    This code is positioned just before <li><label for="ctrl_enable_rte">

Attachments

• mod.webp
    mod.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 12
i already remove tinymce fix from addon manager and replace the js/tinymce

now is it safe to manually remove the folder

/library/Sedo/FixTiny ?