TinyMCE Enhancements (NO MORE SUPPORTED)

TinyMCE Enhancements (NO MORE SUPPORTED) 1.2.2

No permission to download

cclaerhout

cclaerhout submitted a new resource:

TinyMCE Enhancements (version 1.0) - A toolbox to tweak TinyMCE included some plugins

TinyMCE Enhancements
By Cédric CLAERHOUT

This addon will allow you to tweak the TinyMCE editor and will add some plugins.

New functions:
  1. Toolbar position (top/bottom, left/center/right)
  2. TinyMCE status bar (activation, top/bottom, hide html path)
  3. Wordcount plugin modified for XenForo
    1. ...

Read more about this resource...

Does this require or conflict with TinyMCE Fix?
No, why?
The Wordcount plugin is the last version, but when I see its code I seriously doubt it would have any consequences for those who prefer to use the XenForo TinyMCE original & outdated version.

The wordcount plugin doesn't seem to work right because the count value remains 0. But if I refresh the page the current amount of characters (with mode 3) will be added to the total count. So the auto refresh doesn't seem to work.

The wordcount plugin doesn't seem to work right because the count value remains 0. But if I refresh the page the current amount of characters (with mode 3) will be added to the total count. So the auto refresh doesn't seem to work.

Curious question: Does it still not update after you press enter on a line?

Nope, only if you refresh the page (doesn't work with quick reply, though).

Ok. Thanks for your reply, I had made my own implementation and it only updated after I pressed enter on a line. Going to install this one and try it shortly.

Are you typing characters with Roman alphabet? If yes, I don't have any problem with the original regex neither with the quickreply nor with the "normal" reply. Nevertheless the update counter is a little tricky if I compare with other jquery plugins to count characters inside a textarea. On my dev board I've tried with a Update rate of 1000ms and the reaction is better.

Oh which version of TinyMCE are you using? I haven't tried yet with the XenForo original... I need to replace again all the files to make those tests... :cry:

Edit: Ok, you're using XenForo original TinyMCE... support this for the two versions of TinyMCE is going to be terrible :notworthy:

Here is the wordcount plugin for TinyMCE 3.4x (XenForo original version). I don't upgrade the addon yet, cause I've integrated new plugins since yesterday but some integrations are not 100% finished.
P.S: the original 3.4x wordcount plugin didn't have the options "Update rate" & "Update on delete". I've mixed the two plugins so "Update rate" option can work, but the second one will still not work.

Attachments

Oh which version of TinyMCE are you using? I haven't tried yet with the XenForo original... I need to replace again all the files to make those tests... :cry:

Edit: Ok, you're using XenForo original TinyMCE... support this for the two versions of TinyMCE is going to be terrible :notworthy:

You just need to keep various versions for testing, it's a pain but so is having to revert or reinstall a fresh copy each time. After the slice and dice job I did on my local install of XF and its TinyMCE, I needed another fresh copy to figure out a bug.

You just need to keep various versions for testing, it's a pain but so is having to revert or reinstall a fresh copy each time. After the slice and dice job I did on my local
install of XF and its TinyMCE, I needed another fresh copy to figure out a bug.
Having two dev boards only for TinyMCE is may be a little too much for me ^^ I've looked at the fullscreen plugin and it's working both with TinyMCE 3.4x & 3.5x, just need to check the autosave plugin then everything will be ok. The error with the wordcount plugin seems to come from an element that doesn't exist on TinyMCE 3.4x (the management of words incrementation is not the same).

No, why?
The Wordcount plugin is the last version, but when I see its code I seriously doubt it would have any consequences for those who prefer to use the XenForo TinyMCE original & outdated version.

I was asking because in the TnyMCE Fix, the root TinyMCE files were replaced. So I was curious since we now could potentially have two versions of TinyMCE (XF and yours), how that may or may not impact this particular addon. I was also asking because in your screenshot you had a good many more plugin icons than I currently do so I was anticipating this would expand.

I was asking because in the TnyMCE Fix, the root TinyMCE files were replaced. So I was curious since we now could potentially have two versions of TinyMCE (XF and yours), how that may or may not impact this particular addon. I was also asking because in your screenshot you had a good many more plugin icons than I currently do so I was anticipating this would expand.
It's not really "mine" version, I just have modified a few lines of code... the hardest was to find which of them. The TinyFix will replace the old TinyMCE version with a new one. So there will be only 1 version of TinyMCE installed on the system, not two.

All TinyMCE plugins can't be modified so easily for XenForo, because some of them are Html plugins whereas XenForo editor is used as a Bb Codes editor.

At the moment for those who want to use this plugin with the TinyFix, it doesn't matter which plugin is installed first. But in the next version, it will. Before to explain why, just a few pieces of information:
  • The TinyFix has a modified version of TinyMCE (3.5.7) which its original plugins but only those that had been included with XenForo before
  • This plugin (TinyMCE Enhancements) is now using only one plugin (wordcount) which wasn't included with XenForo before. So this plugin is not inside the TinyFix. But in the next version, the two addons will share the "fullscreen" plugin.

The addon "TinyFix" will have the original TinyMCE "fullscreen" plugin whereas "TinyMCE Enhancements" will have a modified version for XenForo, which means for users who want to install both plugins, the TinyFix must be installed first to avoid to replace the TinyMCE fullscreen plugin modified for XenForo. Now... even if they did, it's not really a serious problem, they would just have to upload the "TinyMCE Enhancements" files again.

I hope everything is clear now.

It's not really "mine" version, I just have modified a few lines of code... the hardest was to find which of them. The TinyFix will replace the old TinyMCE version with a new one. So there will be only 1 version of TinyMCE installed on the system, not two.

All TinyMCE plugins can't be modified so easily for XenForo, because some of them are Html plugins whereas XenForo editor is used as a Bb Codes editor.

At the moment for those who want to use this plugin with the TinyFix, it doesn't matter which plugin is installed first. But in the next version, it will. Before to explain why, just a few pieces of information:
  • The TinyFix has a modified version of TinyMCE (3.5.7) which its original plugins but only those that had been included with XenForo before
  • This plugin (TinyMCE Enhancements) is now using only one plugin (wordcount) which wasn't included with XenForo before. So this plugin is not inside the TinyFix. But in the next version, the two addons will share the "fullscreen" plugin.

The addon "TinyFix" will have the original TinyMCE "fullscreen" plugin whereas "TinyMCE Enhancements" will have a modified version for XenForo, which means for users who want to install both plugins, the TinyFix must be installed first to avoid to replace the TinyMCE fullscreen plugin modified for XenForo. Now... even if they did, it's not really a serious problem, they would just have to upload the "TinyMCE Enhancements" files again.

I hope everything is clear now.

Crystal :-)

Top Bottom