TinyMCE Enhancements (NO MORE SUPPORTED)

TinyMCE Enhancements (NO MORE SUPPORTED) 1.2.2

No permission to download
This looks very interesting. How does the autosave work? If my browser crashes and I navigate back to the page, my post is still there? Or does it get saved somewhere else and I have to retrieve it out of my profile? I wasn't sure how this works.
I've explained it inside the options of the addon. There is already an addon here with an autosave for TinyMCE. The official plugin is working almost the same way, the way you're describing in your post, but to get back the automatic saved text you need to press a button of the editor.

If I just modified something in a file, for example a javascript one, then I don't always update the product version. Minor versions have always three digits 1.1.x.
Thanks Cedric...every so often I go through the addon list in my site and check the versions with what has been released on here and update accordingly...so yours in my addon list is displaying v1.1 and on XF here it shows v1.1.1...that's the reason why I made a comment...will have to try and remember next time I review my addons that I have v1.1.1 installed already...thanks for the mod, especially the "Fix" one, greatly appreciated by my site users that have iPads etc

Thanks Cedric...every so often I go through the addon list in my site and check the versions with what has been released on here and update accordingly...so yours in my addon list is displaying v1.1 and on XF here it shows v1.1.1...that's the reason why I made a comment...will have to try and remember next time I review my addons that I have v1.1.1 installed already...thanks for the mod, especially the "Fix" one, greatly appreciated by my site users that have iPads etc
Oh I see. I'm trying to change the product version each time, but with those kind of addons that has a lot of Javascript, I often forgot. I find a fix, then release an update. I will try not to forget next times ;)

I'm still trying but a little confused as to how the new "paste" update works.

If you could make one of those awesome presentation videos, it would be great!

When I attempt to delete any of the bbcodes after upgrading to the new version, I get this:

Server Error

Undefined index: tag

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in KingK/BbCodeManager/ControllerAdmin/CustomBbCodes.php at line 242
  2. KingK_BbCodeManager_ControllerAdmin_CustomBbCodes->_UpdateConfigsAfterBBcodeEditOrDelete() in KingK/BbCodeManager/ControllerAdmin/CustomBbCodes.php at line 314
  3. KingK_BbCodeManager_ControllerAdmin_CustomBbCodes->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fictionc/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I'm still trying but a little confused as to how the new "paste" update works.

If you could make one of those awesome presentation videos, it would be great!
It's easy, with the paste plain text, you click on the icon and you paste your text, it won't be formatted (no bold, no color, etc.)
With the paste word text, you click, you've got a window that appears, you paste your word text inside, you click ok.

That's all.

When I attempt to delete any of the bbcodes after upgrading to the new version, I get this:

Server Error

Undefined index: tag

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in KingK/BbCodeManager/ControllerAdmin/CustomBbCodes.php at line 242
  2. KingK_BbCodeManager_ControllerAdmin_CustomBbCodes->_UpdateConfigsAfterBBcodeEditOrDelete() in KingK/BbCodeManager/ControllerAdmin/CustomBbCodes.php at line 314
  3. KingK_BbCodeManager_ControllerAdmin_CustomBbCodes->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fictionc/public_html/admin.php at line 13
I've checked, I don't have any problem (if you mean for example to delete the selectall button)
Are you using the last version of bbcm ?

Okay. I got it working. One issue that I am having is with chrome when using the "Word paste" with lists, it lists it as "1. 1. xxxxx" rather than "1. xxxxx"

I've checked, I don't have any problem (if you mean for example to delete the selectall button)
Are you using the last version of bbcm ?

In trying to correct this problem, I removed all of the plugins and uploaded the "xenforo original" files for both the enhanced tiny and fix tiny. Now I don't have any toolbar buttons whatsoever in the editor. Have I hosed the installation? Anything I can do to start over or at least get back the 1.3 xenforo editor?

Thanks for the update. It seems all the buttons work fine. Not tried much paste from word, but it appears correct, not perfect though but probably enough (random exemple: the editor supports table but once you post it, it doesn't show, it would need probably "table" plugin or something).

Yes, thanks for the update. I figured out my issues. Actually just had to reinstall the original xenforo files and start over with your hacks.

Okay. I got it working. One issue that I am having is with chrome when using the "Word paste" with lists, it lists it as "1. 1. xxxxx" rather than "1. xxxxx"
I confirm this bug which is in the official demo too. I've looked at the code but I won't be able to fix it. I've already spent more that 1 hour on this, so I think it's enough now.

Thanks for the update. It seems all the buttons work fine. Not tried much paste from word, but it appears correct, not perfect though but probably enough (random exemple: the editor supports table but once you post it, it doesn't show, it would need probably "table" plugin or something).
Yes, you're right, but I can't activate the table plugin without extending the XenForo BbCode & Html formatters, which is a big thing to do... Right now, I don't feel the courage to do that.

Yes, thanks for the update. I figured out my issues. Actually just had to reinstall the original xenforo files and start over with your hacks.
Just an advice, you should use the Chris Auto Installer Addon. If a XenForo addon is compatible with it, it will avoid you to make any mistakes when uploading files. Now, my addon, the one of this thread, is a little special: you have to open the main archive to access and choose which archive to install/update. I need to do that to try to make it compatible with the two versions of TinyMCE... But you won't have this problem with other compatible addons. The other advantage will be it will be faster to upload, especially when you upload a script like TinyMCE that has many files inside the archive.

I confirm this bug which is in the official demo too. I've looked at the code but I won't be able to fix it. I've already spent more that 1 hour on this, so I think it's enough now.
Yes, you're right, but I can't activate the table plugin without extending the XenForo BbCode & Html formatters, which is a big thing to do... Right now, I don't feel the courage to do that.
If it's an issue with the official as well, there is only so much you can do. thanks for the efforts (y).

I have implemented this on my site (thanks cclaerhout) and have got some feedback from a user having a problem. All he says is:
"This is a great step forward.
But a bit of feedback - maybe it's just my device but I gave it a try on my Android phone and since then I can't post at all from it because I don't get a keyboard any more. Also, if I use the right hand (minimise) button it used to (yesterday) take me to a black screen where it said something about posting images, but now it doesn't do it anything (not even minimise)."

I have asked him for further info...note that I am using a mobile theme:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfs-mobile-deleted.27947/#post-328353
Further to my post above (post #33), I have had another user reporting that he can't post in the forums...he can in other areas like profile page etc but just not in the forums from his mobile phone. I want to try and pin point the problem to either this mod or the mobile theme I am using. I have your "TinyMCE Fix" mod installed as well so first thing I want to try is to remove this "Enhancements" mod and see if that fixes the problem. So, rather than risk effecting the TinyMCE editor, can you advise how do I remove this mod...thanks

Further to my post above (post #33), I have had another user reporting that he can't post in the forums...he can in other areas like profile page etc but just not in the forums from his mobile phone. I want to try and pin point the problem to either this mod or the mobile theme I am using. I have your "TinyMCE Fix" mod installed as well so first thing I want to try is to remove this "Enhancements" mod and see if that fixes the problem. So, rather than risk effecting the TinyMCE editor, can you advise how do I remove this mod...thanks
The problem is certainly that TinyMCE is not compatible with his mobile. So two solutions:
  1. Don't activate TinyMCE on mobiles (I personally don't)
  2. Create a new userfield on the TinyFix so a user can choose which editor to use when he's on his mobile (I can do it, but now or next days... not possible)

P.S: uninstalling this addon will have not effect if TinyMCE is still displayed on his mobile.

The problem is certainly that TinyMCE is not compatible with his mobile. So two solutions:
  1. Don't activate TinyMCE on mobiles (I personally don't)
  2. Create a new userfield on the TinyFix so a user can choose which editor to use when he's on his mobile (I can do it, but now or next days... not possible)
P.S: uninstalling this addon will have not effect if TinyMCE is still displayed on his mobile.
Thanks Cedric, I wasn't sure what files this enhancements mod (not the "Fix" one) copies over the default XF ones

Don't forget to reinstall this addon after updating XenForo
I will publish an update later without any changes, but just to remind people to do it.

Top Bottom