[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
@Dinh Thanh @xfrocks

I've mirrored xentag to allow to separate groups of tags.

upload_2014-3-7_12-45-34.webp

This is so I can group the available tags/shops so that only appropriate choices are offered to the end user. If user goes to http://***.com/shops/ They see:

upload_2014-3-7_12-47-47.webp

And also has the shop cloud widget: upload_2014-3-7_12-49-29.webp

This will be renamed to Retailers but there are many variants that this could be useful: I'd like to have another group for Manufacturers. Another site I am working on I'd use Football teams, Football People, Football Grounds.

This will keep tags grouped on subject matter.

Is allowing some tags to be grouped and available in their group tag page the type of functionality you would consider.

What is the conflict? You got any error message?
Hi :)
If i set Max post Tag =0 in XenTag on Your site, the tag inserted with Hash tag addon shows ok, but if i click to hashtag i have Your tag page and not overlay of HashTag addon.:)
HashTag addon combined with Your addon bd Social share is Great because on Facebook the #hashtag still exist :)

If i set Max post Tag =0 in XenTag on Your site, the tag inserted with Hash tag addon shows ok, but if i click to hashtag i have Your tag page and not overlay of HashTag addon.:)
HashTag addon combined with Your addon bd Social share is Great because on Facebook the #hashtag still exist :)
Choose only 1 addon.
You can't use both.

Sounds like an issue with bb code tag that is being used by both add-ons. I don't have access to the other add-on as it is a paid solution, which bb code tag does it use? Or it doesn't use anything?

I don't feel like that's a good answer. We should be more open to finding a solution. That's a very small part of what your add on does and mine does exclusively that part but significantly better. Worst case scenario we should find a way to disable that feature in yours if mine is enabled.
I wouldn't say either add-on does anything better than the other ;)

Looks like that add-on renders directly without using bb code. Since I don't have it to test on my servers, I will need access to your test server with the other add-on and this add-on installed to perform test and figure out what went wrong. Sorry for your problem.
My test server is up now :) You need access ? :)

My test server is up now :) You need access ? :)
According to my test, if you completely remove hashtag permission of XenTag, there is no conflict. To test it correctly, use the tool at AdminCP > Users > Permissions > Analyze Permissions and enter your username. The permission is picked up from user group permission or user permission.

When user has hashtag permission, there is indeed conflict between the two add-ons. I will see what I can do about that but that's low priority since the two features are too similar. If someone wants to use both add-ons then he/she should just remove all hashtag permissions.

Please test on your site and confirm @macroforum.

According to my test, if you completely remove hashtag permission of XenTag, there is no conflict. To test it correctly, use the tool at AdminCP > Users > Permissions > Analyze Permissions and enter your username. The permission is picked up from user group permission or user permission.

When user has hashtag permission, there is indeed conflict between the two add-ons. I will see what I can do about that but that's low priority since the two features are too similar. If someone wants to use both add-ons then he/she should just remove all hashtag permissions.

Please test on your site and confirm @macroforum.
Hi @xfrocks
i have tested this on my test server.
I have the same situation, if i have HashTag addon and XenTag 1.9-dev version, i have conflict, even if set [XenTag] Max #hashtags per post:0.
But it's no problem, with XenTag 1.8.4b version i have no conflict and I can take advantage of the two plugins :)

Hi @xfrocks
i have tested this on my test server.
I have the same situation, if i have HashTag addon and XenTag 1.9-dev version, i have conflict, even if set [XenTag] Max #hashtags per post:0.
But it's no problem, with XenTag 1.8.4b version i have no conflict and I can take advantage of the two plugins :)
Have you double checked with Analyze Permissions?

Top Bottom