Time to change hosts...

Nimbus hosting's prices look good, but I'm not sure how you can compare the CPU power available with their Cloud VPS or VM vs a normal VPS with another company?

What does the following mean? Does is mean there's 24 other sites using the same CPU allocation as would normally be available on a normal VPS?

If I am not mistaking, Nimbus uses high spec quad core CPUs capable of supporting up to 16 threads on each hardware node. Every VPS is assigned 50% of the usage, so every server can just beef up when needed. The RAM and disk space are assigned and not oversold.

For a disk system, they use RAID 1 + 0, due to the high IO which is typical for forums. The disks themselves are SAS drives.

Give NimbusHosting a look, Chris. We've been hosting with them since they started, and are extremely happy with them.

Chris, I totally and wholeheartedly recommend Nimbus. We have literally just switched to them this week, and I couldn't be more happy with them. The switch was painless, support pretty much instant, and all comms perfect (for downtimes etc).

Performance wise we have seen a drastic increase in speed, and a LOT of positive comments from our membership all over the world so Georedundancy is pretty darn minimal!

You could get your own dedicated server in 62 Euros or 50 Pound or 90 USD. I have no clue why you guys are paying so much for just VPS.

Fast dedicated server and cheap VPS or extra hard drive for back ups, that's what I would suggest.

Left a message via contact form hours ago inquiring about pricing - etc. No response. Hmmm...
Don't ask me. I'm only a customer LOL
Kind of surprising though, as their support is usually on the ball. Are you absolutely sure you used the correct email address in your contact form message?

J.

http://vpslatch.net has been good for me. I've used them for the past year and a half with no issues whatsoever. It's a managed VPS - a nice solution imo.

J.

I would totally recommend http://VPSLatch.net -- Great service imo ;)

J.

Left a message via contact form hours ago inquiring about pricing - et
Don't ask me. I'm only a customer LOL
Kind of surprising though, as their support is usually on the ball. Are you absolutely sure you used the correct email address in your contact form message?

J.
I did reach them thanks.

Top Bottom